Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Thursday Santo's Market in Japan Town San Jose gets a shipment of Hawaiian food and Poi so that the locals do not feel home sick and miss their local food so I decided to go down to Japan town to pick up some poi and visit my friend who own's ukulele resource. After picking up my poi and visiting my friend's ukulele shop and jamming on a new portable Yamaha amp I decided to stop by a cheap ass Japanese restaurant called Happi House and ordered one plate lunch to eat and one to go. Going home I decided to stop by my favorite place to pick up some TP and other small items and now my Grom carry load got kind of overboard.

Taro Poi fresh from the islands
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

Stop by Happi House restaurant and got two Katsu chicken plate lunch, two for $11.99 with coupon
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

Yep my payload of bags and stuff included my gym bag

Had to hide the TP I bought inside my green military bag

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Still does not beat carrying a transmission.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still does not beat carrying a transmission.

Yep still waiting for the shop to finish my1982 RX7 transmission. I told the guy to take his time on getting it done since I seen a **** load of Mazda cars in his shop plus he is one of the go to guy in Silicon Valley to get some of the major Mazda car dealership cars on the road if the dealership mechanics can't get it done in time.

Look mom no tranny

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yep still waiting for the shop to finish my1982 RX7 transmission. I told the guy to take his time on getting it done since I seen a **** load of Mazda cars in his shop plus he is one of the go to guy in Silicon Valley to get some of the major Mazda car dealership cars on the road if the dealership mechanics can't get it done in time.

Look mom no tranny
are you just restoring it or plan to do modifications too?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you just restoring it or plan to do modifications too?
I'm the original owner of the RX7 so I'm sort of restoring it back to almost new. Going to try to get the door dings out and a driver side seat re-done " got a rip in the back rest area" and update the sterro system/blue tooth. Other minor changes will be to find some stock or nice Gold rims that will go with the white paint job.

Car is still all original except for the speakers and radio and I removed the anolog clock. The engine is still strong at 93K miles and I change the oil on this car every 4K miles using Castro GTX 20/50 oil since day one of owning it.

I have rebuilt the brakes and changed the master brake unit, master clutch unit, replaced the windshield washer plastic bottle, air pump unit, installed new clutch unit and re-surfaced the flywheel.

That's about it, most of the work has been done by me except for the tranny and the air pump unit because on the air pump unit I did not know what was making a hissing sound or noise so I took it down to the Mazda dealer to find the problem and was EZ for them to install a new unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts