Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I went to the AIMExpo in Orlando, FL last weekend with a buddy and we were on the hunt for new Grom parts. The focus was primarily on suspension. I spoke to this company Nitron out of the UK and they had a really sweet shock he said the Grom shock will be based on. Similar to Ohlins you'll be able to order these custom based on riding style and weight. I've emailed requesting more information, design/pricing/availability.

Side car | Bike | Products | Nitron

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is there history or feedback in the brand? I acutally never heard of them but if the price is reasonable then something could happen ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys like there big bike /regular bike stuff in the past

Contacted Nitron resently , no grom shock exists in there line but willing to try to make something.:)

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Is there history or feedback in the brand? I acutally never heard of them but if the price is reasonable then something could happen ;)
supposedly they have been in the game for years according to the guy at the booth. they are just mainly across seas from what he says and they aren't just some new company that is starting to shine.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
if pricing is as much as ohlins it'll be tough for them to sell.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The booth guy was telling me they've been making factory and race suspension for bikes across Europe for years and are heavy supporters of the races on Isle of Man. I'm going to wait it out and see what my options are going to be.

On a side note, I don't like yellow and their shocks are aesthetically pleasing :p

·
Registered
995 Posts
The booth guy was telling me they've been making factory and race suspension for bikes across Europe for years and are heavy supporters of the races on Isle of Man. I'm going to wait it out and see what my options are going to be.

On a side note, I don't like yellow and their shocks are aesthetically pleasing :p
They sound legit, still a bit questionable as no one seems to know about them. At least if they don't check out to be that great there's always ohlins

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys I live over here in the UK and I'm taking my Grom into Nitron next week so they can spec a shock for it.

They were talking about doing different levels of upgrades.
Starting with a single adjustable which sounds like the shock they had in the display case.
A two way adjustable a piggyback like the Ohlins but with rebound and compression adjustment unlikely the Ohlins which is a single adjuster on their piggyback
Right up to a 3 way with high and low compression and rebound, which is what I'm going for on my bike!!!!

When I'm dropping it off I will ask about front end upgrades as well and post back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are actually quite popular and well known in the Japanese, Taiwan and European markets. they just never made an effort to tackle the north American side of things.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Guys I live over here in the UK and I'm taking my Grom into Nitron next week so they can spec a shock for it.

They were talking about doing different levels of upgrades.
Starting with a single adjustable which sounds like the shock they had in the display case.
A two way adjustable a piggyback like the Ohlins but with rebound and compression adjustment unlikely the Ohlins which is a single adjuster on their piggyback
Right up to a 3 way with high and low compression and rebound, which is what I'm going for on my bike!!!!

When I'm dropping it off I will ask about front end upgrades as well and post back.
cool, keep us posted. Welcome aboard BTW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys

Just thought Ill give you an update on how Nitron are getting on.

I'm picking my bike up on Friday so a rear shock should be available from then onwards.

Whilst they've had my bike the forks have been removed. They've asked me to post on here to see what everyone would want in regards to front end improvements. Whether it be a simple spring and oil upgrade, or a cartridge kit?

Here a pic of the forks in bits.

Message me if you have any question and I'll pass them on.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
So I went to the AIMExpo in Orlando, FL last weekend with a buddy and we were on the hunt for new Grom parts. The focus was primarily on suspension. I spoke to this company Nitron out of the UK and they had a really sweet shock he said the Grom shock will be based on. Similar to Ohlins you'll be able to order these custom based on riding style and weight. I've emailed requesting more information, design/pricing/availability.

Hi, i just bought the YSS today, i drove it during 50 km and so far i'm very happy with it, ridding is much smoother but i have to try it more before to give me final feedback :

Costed me THB 3,200, around 100 USD but it's build there so its probably around 200 USD in US.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Guys

Just thought Ill give you an update on how Nitron are getting on.

I'm picking my bike up on Friday so a rear shock should be available from then onwards.

Whilst they've had my bike the forks have been removed. They've asked me to post on here to see what everyone would want in regards to front end improvements. Whether it be a simple spring and oil upgrade, or a cartridge kit?

Here a pic of the forks in bits.

Message me if you have any question and I'll pass them on.
Awesome, I can't wait to see the final product and your review. This is #1 improvement needed for the bike and if they come out with front/rear solution that'd be great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts