GromForum.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While checking out some helmets I saw something pretty cool ..a Modular helmet with a built in rear view mirror inside by a company in England called Reevu ..Now this might be old news (it's been 20 years since I even shopped for a helmet) but totally new to me lol

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=96vYvak7Z_U&desktop_uri=/watch?v=96vYvak7Z_U

FSX1 Modular by Reevu really nice!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Love the idea of being able to see what is behind you. Anyone who drives a car knows how useful a rear view mirror can be, now having it on a bike is even better.

here's the video linked above embedded...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96vYvak7Z_U]Reevu MSX-1 Rear-View Helmet Review at RevZilla.com - YouTube[/ame]

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
That's not a bad idea really, especially for me because I remove the mirrors from all my motorcycles.
that would not fly here. you're required at least a left mirror

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's not a bad idea really, especially for me because I remove the mirrors from all my motorcycles.
Glad I'm not the only one. The stock mirrors don't cut it for me, and I hate having a constant view of those directly behind me as it's distracting and sometimes, even nerve-racking (due to my own personality.) but that's just me obviously, haha.

I do however, currently have blindspot mirrors in the handguards of my only current bike.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Cool helmet but I would be distracted by the mirror.I'd find myself zoning on it and hit something.It would take some serious seat time for me to break that habit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cool helmet but I would be distracted by the mirror.I'd find myself zoning on it and hit something.It would take some serious seat time for me to break that habit.
I agree. I feel like things would flicker in that mirror and I'd be distracted - it'd take me a while to get over it.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
It would be too annoying for me to have that in my helmet. I like the idea but I would have to have a bright light shine in to my eyes. And if your gonna say just flip it up then what is the point of having it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I remember when this helmet came out it was all gungho but still not too many actually bought it.

How much does it go for these days. I would give it a try.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwnw_keidQg[/ame]

Here is the view footage for the rear view with the mirror

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'll be passing on this one after thinking on it this afternoon.I'd rather just mount one of those cheap @$$ wide angle rear vision cams and screens on my bike.At least I can shut that down with a touch of a finger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was really interested when it came out. I just can't find a place that carries it to test it. I've gone back to stick with head checks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, I came across this helmet just a couple of weeks ago. Neat idea!

It's also funny how it's called the MSX1 and the Grom is also called the MSX125 ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts