Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
In about 12 hours, I'm going to join the ranks of proud Grom owner. All in all after taxes and registration it's going to cost me $4,400. Wanted to get an idea of how much everyone else paid in total to figure out whether or not I'm getting a good deal. Thoughts?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If MSRP is 2,999. You must include sales tax, registration, delivery fee / assembly fee in order to reach your OTD sum. Wouldn't that mean anything lower than 3,300 range is impossible for OTD? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just stating what I had thought was true but am coming at this with an open mind. =) Btw, bike purchased from and for the Southern California market.

· Premium Member
1,004 Posts
the most i've heard of anyone paying so far was 3900 otd.
4500 is probably the dealer charging you for getting one (because they may still be scarce). i'd pass and wait a few months till the next shipment

· Registered
92 Posts
I paid just about $3600 OTD last fall which was about my areas pricing (little high) but know that MSRP has gone up to $3199 after January 1st so add $200 on top of what everyone else has written they paid in the past.

No matter how you slice it $4,400 is steep, but may be what your area supports. I think it's high, though and would pass.

Mike

· Premium Member
941 Posts

$4400 sounds high to me.

· Registered
134 Posts
If MSRP is 2,999. You must include sales tax, registration, delivery fee / assembly fee in order to reach your OTD sum. Wouldn't that mean anything lower than 3,300 range is impossible for OTD? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just stating what I had thought was true but am coming at this with an open mind. =) Btw, bike purchased from and for the Southern California market.
cali is higher price for groms, dunno why but they are just that way, when they first came out dealers in norcal wanted anywhere from $3800-$4600

also its actually very common practice to buy a brand new vehicle (car/motorcylce/boat) for the listed MSRP, including tax, title, registration, setup, delivery etc fees.

· Registered
998 Posts
I would wait till Summer time when the flood gates will open for Grom motorcycles, It's way too High

What state you are in and if you are in Northern Calif and is buying from Sunnyvale Honda, San Jose Honda or Fremont Honda, run not walk away but run away.

You should be paying no more than $3,900 OTD

UNLESS you like to support your local DEALERS and you have MONEY To Burn than go ahead.

· Registered
256 Posts
I was $3900 OTD, well $4500 with a warranty I quickly decided I didn't want and promptly got removed. I had issues with my last new bike and thought at first maybe it would be good to have. Then I realized I'd be voiding it with mods and wouldn't be worth it to have.

$4400 does sound steep even with the new MSRP.

A nearby volume place has these prices listed on a hidden page.

GROM 125 BLACK (MSRP) $3,199 (SALE) $2,899 - MUST ORDER (APR)
RED (MSRP) $3,199 (SALE) $2,899 - MUST ORDER (APR)

· Premium Member
524 Posts
4300 in my part of town. Also for all of you that are complaining about it being $100-$200 more, get over it and pay the extra $5-$10 a month, as soon as you get on the bike it'll all be worth it and it'll be the last thing on your mind.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
65 Posts
well for you guys that like to wait and still pay high prices .. just buy local .. but yesterday one of my friends left a deposit at Berts mega junk mall (with no delivery date of the grom) so this morning I called the dealer I bought mine from in Utah .. and as I keep telling people he had one in stock .. we already left a deposit on it and are now waiting for a second bike to come in within a week so we can go pick them up .... so if you want a bike do the research and be ready to make the drive

· Registered
18 Posts
Mine was $4124 OTD in CT. The dealer would not negotiate a thing since he claimed he could sell it since he had a list of people waiting for me to back out. He was the only dealer within 5 hours of my area that had it (all others would not have any more until next year), so I didn't have anything to work with.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.