Honda Grom Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the headlight we are getting in the US is different from the one overseas right? If we purchase the headlight from overseas, it should be plug/play?!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Yes, but it is not a real "projector" headlight - it is a large bullseye magnifying glass and the headlight uses an HS1 main/dip bulb.

I have upgraded mine with a Philips Xtreme H4 bulb 60/55w.

The headlight looks good, but it is cosmetic - but that 's the point I suppose!

Jeff

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i wouldnt mind a brighter light as well, i do like the look of the overseas one alot more though, im sure for the low speed riding ill be doing it will be just fine.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Yes, but it is not a real "projector" headlight - it is a large bullseye magnifying glass and the headlight uses an HS1 main/dip bulb.

I have upgraded mine with a Philips Xtreme H4 bulb 60/55w.

The headlight looks good, but it is cosmetic - but that 's the point I suppose!

Jeff
It does do the job of aiming the light though - which is the point of a projector.

With an HID kit you won't be blinding everyone like you would if you just slapped the kit in the regular housing.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Someone needs to update this thread with some projector photos on their MSX with some cutoff shots :rolleyes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
They probably ditched it in the US market as a way of offering a design refresh in 2-3 years. They will run here with a lower headlight and then "upgrade" the headlight after 2-3 years along with a better set of graphics, slightly more power, integrated storage bag, etc. Basically, it's the "sleeves out of their vest". Since they already have the R&D for the projector setup it allows for an easy upgrade down the road without having to spend tons more on R&D to enhance the bike in other markets.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
im going to assume cost.

SOMEONE WITH A MSX125 POST UP SOME CUTOFF PHOTOS

·
Registered
168 Posts
In my neck of the woods, police officers have been citing people with "brighter than usual" headlamps on their bikes and mopeds alike. I know that some of them may have been improperly aimed too high, but not everyone. And being in a large town rather than a small city, I think it's necessary to accommodate for the lack of streetlamps as well as be seen by other motorist.

Do it right the first time.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would like to see what law they are using to cite for "brighter than usual" lights. I got stopped in my del sol once for "one light brighter than the other", on my HIDs. I laughed because the first thing he said after I asked why he pulled me over was "One light is brighter than the other, why are you eyes red?" me: "Its 5:30am dude I just woke up im going to work, lets look at the lights", got out and guess what, there was no problem. He let me go, just profiling my car. Id say the police are doing the same to the bikes wanting to check for MC license and insurance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would like to see what law they are using to cite for "brighter than usual" lights. I got stopped in my del sol once for "one light brighter than the other", on my HIDs. I laughed because the first thing he said after I asked why he pulled me over was "One light is brighter than the other, why are you eyes red?" me: "Its 5:30am dude I just woke up im going to work, lets look at the lights", got out and guess what, there was no problem. He let me go, just profiling my car. Id say the police are doing the same to the bikes wanting to check for MC license and insurance.
Yup, I'd have to agree. All Lincoln PD does is profile. Not a lot to do here but farm, drink and party. Just wish people can do it responsibly.

It's NERF, or nuthin....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Someone with a MSX125 post up a cutoff photo on a white wall please!

The tickets given the motorcycles and cars for "bright" lights are people who slam 35watt or 55 watt HID kits in halogen reflector housings.

If the housing was designed to aim light down (projector) you should be fine.

And avoid anything over 5000k if you do not want police attention.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
MSX owners post up cutoff photos !!!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts