Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I do get my Honda Grom, I'm going to put a HID system like the same system I have on my 99 ZX6r motorcycle. Nice and small package that I got from Bombay Motorsports for $49.95. Not sure if it will work but I rather have more light so the other drivers can see me.

Need motorcycle parts bombaymotorsports.com has the best prices and good mailing and fast. I buy most of my Hayabusa and ZX6R parts from them. They also sell other motorcycle related stuff at good prices they even have Gopro action camera at good prices.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Don't forget the H4 HID with 5k output and slim ballast. This should would fine. Man that price from Bombay Motorsports is pretty cheap! Awsome......

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
is this indirectly a commercial for bombay? :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm looking into Leds for mine. The efficiency of them appeals with the limited power available from the Grom.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is this indirectly a commercial for bombay? :D
nope, just stating facts of stuff that I have bought vers other dealers in the Bay Area Calif.

Closest match would be Santa Clara Cycle in Sunnyvale/Santa Clara border on the old EL Camino.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't find HID at $49.95. Can you post direct link?
Shop Home Bombay Motorsports Inc. Reseda, CA (818) 342-8585

There is a phone number you can call them up and tell them what bike you have and what part you are looking for and they will try to find the part or have it in stock and when you pay shipping is fast.

My HID was for my 99 Kawi ZX6-R

HID electronics mounted under the plastic, nice and small, shinny small box HID unit, ez install, just need strong double back tape, the type used for car trim.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
You can get ones over here fro $30USD buy have to pay for shipping. I would go with HIDs for sure though I hate the yellow halogens.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Shop Home Bombay Motorsports Inc. Reseda, CA (818) 342-8585

There is a phone number you can call them up and tell them what bike you have and what part you are looking for and they will try to find the part or have it in stock and when you pay shipping is fast.

My HID was for my 99 Kawi ZX6-R

HID electronics mounted under the plastic, nice and small, shinny small box HID unit, ez install, just need strong double back tape, the type used for car trim.
Is this the slim ballast or the old thicker ones?

I would go with a 55w hid kit for the unique spectrum of colors.

What temperatures are you guys going with I am think between 5000K and 6000K.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Have you guys thought of retrofitting a projector to give off a better cutoff line for the HID kit?

from what I read on MSX thai the HID cut off for the oem projector isn't that great compared to the ones on cars.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is this the slim ballast or the old thicker ones?

I would go with a 55w hid kit for the unique spectrum of colors.

What temperatures are you guys going with I am think between 5000K and 6000K.
slim and small ballast with dual filament for low/hi beam

My HID is bright enough even day light the cages move out of the way since the HID LOW beam seem to blind them. I see the cage drivers always re-adjusting their mirrors when I pull up behind them.:motorcyclesmilie:

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Might not be a good thing for the oncoming traffic especially when there are no median dividers but at least your getting some benefit from the bright lights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts