Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the front rim seems to be the same as the rear but the are not
Front Tire 120/70-12 Rear Tire 130/70-12

none the less i think it would be fun swapping out the road tires to make this machine an all purpose stunt bike

·
Registered
254 Posts
I won't have the video up for a couple of days but I did some fairly decent offroading (hills, rocks, crawling through brush) over the weekend using the stock VeeRubber tires. Before I got the bike I thought knobbies might be in my future but having ridden on the street tires I'm not sure we have enough power to merit tires with any more traction than this. Our limiting factor isn't tire grip but just wheel size. It's hard to keep under control when you are riding on rocks 2-3" in diameter.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I won't have the video up for a couple of days but I did some fairly decent offroading (hills, rocks, crawling through brush) over the weekend using the stock VeeRubber tires. Before I got the bike I thought knobbies might be in my future but having ridden on the street tires I'm not sure we have enough power to merit tires with any more traction than this. Our limiting factor isn't tire grip but just wheel size. It's hard to keep under control when you are riding on rocks 2-3" in diameter.
Thanks for keeping us updated. Definitely looking forward to the vid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
=1 on the video

Roy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kenda K761 DOT dual sport 12" tires (front=$36, rear=$45)

Look to be ok for dirt roads, low speed dual track, nothing gnarly
Has anyone used these tires? I am looking at picking up a set soon so I can feel a little safer when blasting down gravel roads and trails.
There seems to be a few options out there when it comes to dual sport tires in the Grom size so I am not sure which ones to go with but the Kenda K761's did catch my eye when looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.