Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is with the craaazy clutch engagement? Picked up my new Grom on Saturday (black one). Took it for a test ride and was disappointed with 2 things. The clutch engagement seems really messed up. The lever feels like it's too tight but the engagement feels super loose.... it doesn't engage at all until the very tip of the throw at the lever. I tried the adjustment wheel and it did not seem to make any difference.

Also, where are they getting this 65-70 mph claimed top speed I read all about? On flat ground with my 145 pound self, I held it to the stop in 4th and never saw the speedo flicker above 55mph (which GPS is probably less than that) Yes I know it's not broken in yet yadda yadda but it's not going to pick up 15mph either.

Other than that, where can I get some stainless brake lines? :scooter:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I took my Grom back to my dealer 2 days after I got it to show them my first mods. I told him about the dumb clutch engagement so they took it the whole way in at the bar. Now it engages about halfway out, which is like perfect for me. Mine did 56 into the wind no tuck no draft seemingly level.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Zombie, maybe it is what it is on the top speed. Mine had 7 miles on the odometer when I opened her up...lol. I sat straight up, no headwind or anything on flat road. I guess I would have at least expected to hit over 60 but I can live with it and of course there will be mods in the future!

I"m going to mess with the clutch some more next time I ride. It may be so out of adjustment I"ll have to adjust the lower nut though I have only once ever had to do that on a motorcycle. I'd like to to be closer to the middle of the lever like you describe. Only advantage to how it is now is I can clutch it quick and easy between gears. Sucks for gettin rolling from a stop though

·
Registered
995 Posts
Damn this sucks, hopefully it's an isolated issue on just a small production run of our Groms and not a lot of them.

So far it's seeming to be an easy fix for the dealers though.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
the clutch engagement can be adjusted to a certain degree if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts