Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Awesome congrats!

Just a reminder, you should give the grom a good wash and throw a coat of wax on to protect the black fairings from getting swirls.

Must be nice to be the first! How do you find the ride? The 125cc must be fun to get around in. Lane splitting is legal where you are from :D

Congrats

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I was definitely stoked when I got the call saying mine was going to be here a week early. Thanks for the tip on the waxing, I hadn't even thought of that yet, and I'm sure I wouldn't have until it was to late haha. Yes, luckily lane splitting is legal here, it would suck having to sit in the back with all the stoplights around. No wheelies yet, I'm still letting the engine break in a bit before I got pushing it to hard. I will try to get a video of my attempting them soon. I'll be posting another quick riding video tomorrow with a much better view. I also plan on doing a full video review very soon, so if you guys would please subscribe to my YouTube channel, I'd greatly appreciate it!

So far, some of the things noticed are that the seat is really hard. The clutch pull is pretty long and may take a ride or two to get used to. Also, on some hills it likes to stay at around 41mph. I'm not pushing it hard yet, so maybe I can get some more mph out of it later. The bike is bigger than I expected, which turns out to be a good thing. Also the weight of the bike if very nice. Makes it feel real solid.

Pretty soon, I plan on getting rid of the mirrors, tail tidy, new bars, and a pipe so that people can hear me!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice video. I was wondering how it would handle hills.
I was thinking the same thing since my commute to work has some hill climbing through some canyons. I think it should be fine since i occasionally see a ruckus huffing and puffing it on my drive.

I have to say this video gets me even more hyped up... looks super fun to ride!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.