Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Nicely done!

Love the stoppie at the end too. The tail could of stayed up longer for more brownie points lol :D

·
Registered
998 Posts
very cool, that is what I will be doing with mind when I get it sometime this year or next year, did the same when I had my 1987 YSR-50 which was a great wheelie machine .

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very cool, that is what I will be doing with mind when I get it sometime this year or next year, did the same when I had my 1987 YSR-50 which was a great wheelie machine .
i still have a YSR and yes, i still wheelie it :) i can even do 2nd gear stand up wheelies on that....not so much on the Grom :(

·
Registered
998 Posts
i still have a YSR and yes, i still wheelie it :) i can even do 2nd gear stand up wheelies on that....not so much on the Grom :(
Are you the original owner of the YSR-50? I was on mind bought it in Fremont Calif in 1987 for $1350 out the door. The YSR-50 fit perfect in my 1973 datsun pickup truck.

I did all the go fast parts on the YSR, changed the pipes to Tooney pipes, changed the head gasket to the thin copper racing gasket, changed the counter sprocket "not sure if I went up a tooth or down a tooth", put about 8 air/filter holes in the airbox which made it loud as heck, changed the carb jets, installed a Barnet clutch/spring system and some other stuff and the YSR-50 did real 70mph. I sold it for $1000 to get my 1989 GSXR-1100. Wish I never sold the YSR-50

Ride safe

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you the original owner of the YSR-50? I was on mind bought it in Fremont Calif in 1987 for $1350 out the door. The YSR-50 fit perfect in my 1973 datsun pickup truck.

I did all the go fast parts on the YSR, changed the pipes to Tooney pipes, changed the head gasket to the thin copper racing gasket, changed the counter sprocket "not sure if I went up a tooth or down a tooth", put about 8 air/filter holes in the airbox which made it loud as heck, changed the carb jets, installed a Barnet clutch/spring system and some other stuff and the YSR-50 did real 70mph. I sold it for $1000 to get my 1989 GSXR-1100. Wish I never sold the YSR-50

Ride safe
big mistake selling it brother :( i refuse to let mine go. mine has all that with the exception of the carb. i put a 24mm mikuni...that made the biggest difference of all the mods

Awesome! What is the car you pulled up beside?
just some guy that knew one of the other riders

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
big mistake selling it brother :( i refuse to let mine go. mine has all that with the exception of the carb. i put a 24mm mikuni...that made the biggest difference of all the mods

just some guy that knew one of the other riders
Such a pretty bike.

·
Administrator
20 Posts
Nice ride

Just sold a few of my YSRs, one with a KX125 motor and the other was a YFSR (YSR with a 200cc Blaster motor). Still have my loaded up YSR50 "Superbike" though ;)

Reactions: daddysmut

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
how was the blaster motor? i always wanted to do that but every time i get ready to do a motor swap in it....i talk myself out of it lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
Killer man

1 - 20 of 22 Posts