Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rear swing arm stand that works fine, but I also have a center stand, a motorcycle jack, and a front triple tree stand that don't work to raise either the front alone or the entire bike. My front stand bumps into the headlight and/or the horn and the frame is not the lowest part of the bike. I do see 4 screw holes in the bottom though in a rectangular that appear to be about 12 mm threads and it is possible some plate attaches to that area to create a platform below the exhaust so a center stand or jack could be used. Anyone know of an attachment and is that what those 4 holes are there for? I have seen the front of the Grom up off the ground using the bottom of the forks, but that wouldn't be my first choice.

· Registered
187 Posts
do you have a garage with exposed rafters ? if so throw a soft strap over, and suspend with a ratchet strap.
Non-exposed ceilings I use a big eye hook.
Small bikes are easy to lift this way (front or back at a time, never both)
...but I also did it with my 1998 H-D 883 Sportster when I changed the rear shocks (so not completely off the ground)

· Premium Member
1,004 Posts
move the horn (and maybe pull the headlight)
use correct size pin on the triple tree stand

or you can just get the fork lift adapter for the triple tree stand

or strap the rear down and use a floor jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.