GromForum.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone ever have this problem where they park?

How do you deal with it and how do you stop it..

I always come back to find random strangers sitting on my bike.

Are people crazy?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I have never hear of that.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you've never had someone sit on your bike when parked in public?!

I see it happen all the time...

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Never

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I also live in Texas where everyone carries guns. Lol

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also live in Texas where everyone carries guns. Lol
good point.

I wouldn't sit on someone elses bike either if it would mean I'd get shot.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Never.
My bikes rarely just sit in public though as I don't commute I just use them for Hooliganish activities and spirited Twistie rides

·
Registered
218 Posts
Never happened to me, but I would immediately take it as they are attempting to steal it so they would get taken down and detained until the police arrived to deal with them. If it ended up they were just playing around they would never do it again to another bike.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
See my post on How To fit an Alarm

As I mentioned it is a "pee off" alarm, it goes off if someone moves the bike, it will not stop it being stolen, but the first time the bike is moved, it beeps for 5 seconds as a warn-away. If it is moved again it goes off for 30 seconds. Will stop the curious as it draws attention to the scrotes.

Jeff

·
Registered
28 Posts
I once came out from a store, to find a family standing around my Suzuki Burgman 400. They had what appeared to be a three or four year-old child, standing on the seat of my scooter, and were talking about it, while holding him up by his hands. Their slightly older child was on the ground, trying to climb up the right side of the bike. I kindly, but sternly, asked them to step away from my motorcycle, as I quickly approached them. They seemed shocked and in disbelief, that they weren't being allowed to play with it, like it's one of those coin rides, that used to sit outside the entrance to a Kmart.

As I got closer, they were still standing there, and Mom was trying to pry the older child away from bike. I very obviously checked the area where the kid had been, and took a small towel out of my glove box, to check for scratches. I asked them if they had any questions, as I opened up the seat, and started to pack away my purchases. They had a few, which I responded to, and added in the fact that they shouldn't just sit on someone else's bike; comparing it to them finding me sitting in their car, playing with the stereo, and rummaging through their glovebox. They apologized profusely, but I still rode away mad.

What is it with people??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts