Honda Grom Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Idaho Springs, CO and because of the tunnel construction, and many other reasons, I wanted to stay off I-70. I found a great road just south of Idaho Springs, HWY 103. It isn't the smoothest road end to end, but it doesn't seem well traveled or well known. I could be wrong. There were other motorcyclists on it, but nothing like Peak-to-Peak.

In any case, I got to thinking that I would like to hear about more rare rides in CO, especially if they don't appear in Butler's or other guides. It would be nice if they went somewhere, but that isn't necessary. Right now, HWY-103 has a detour that is the most amazingly smooth driveway-like stretch of windy road. I was wishing I had a street bike like the Grom for those tight corners.

Other suggestions?

·
Registered
327 Posts
So many great rides in the West! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was in Idaho Springs, CO and because of the tunnel construction, and many other reasons, I wanted to stay off I-70. I found a great road just south of Idaho Springs, HWY 103. It isn't the smoothest road end to end, but it doesn't seem well traveled or well known. I could be wrong. There were other motorcyclists on it, but nothing like Peak-to-Peak.

In any case, I got to thinking that I would like to hear about more rare rides in CO, especially if they don't appear in Butler's or other guides. It would be nice if they went somewhere, but that isn't necessary. Right now, HWY-103 has a detour that is the most amazingly smooth driveway-like stretch of windy road. I was wishing I had a street bike like the Grom for those tight corners.

Other suggestions?
All I gotta say is check out McClure Pass if you find yourself over there, amazing ride

1 - 5 of 5 Posts