Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the more we ride our Grom the more we realize whatever Honda calls this "Slipper Clutch" Like function, really doesn't do much.

When we down shift quickly going into a turn, or whenever, and let out the clutch a little too fast the rear wheel locks up.

All our Big Bikes have Slipper Clutches, so it's a force of habit.
Not used to having the rear end lock up.

Any opinons ?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I've always just been my own slipper (blip the throttle in the middle of the downshift). on a grom... doubt it would make any real difference since engine braking is minimal

Reactions: Cadimanjd

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm not sure what you are talking about with slipper clutches preventing you from locking up the rear wheel... I often practiced backing it in on my supermoto and have often (albeit accidentally) done so on my Concours14 which does have a slipper clutch. In fact, I can't think of a single bike I've ridden where I have locked up the rear wheel at least once and that's including my wife's Hyosung GV250 cruiser where it's quite a challenge to get the rear wheel to lock up.

I'm not concerned in the least. For me, a lot of the marvel of the Grom is the complete lack of modern amenities. I like that's it's just a tiny engine in a tiny frame with 2 wheels and a seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you have ridden supermoto or any bike in a racing genre then you will understand the need for a slipper clutch(proper)

zx636 comes standard and makes a **** load of a diff to how you enter a corner and the amount of speed you can hold in the downshift

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would certainly buy one if the price is right... $300 would probably be near the upper limit of what I would pay which would be an amazing price for such a part...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts