Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow Brian did a great job on the Grom head port and polish. My O2 sensor hole was also plug since I'm not going to use it with my setup. The valve springs are duel setup so I might be able to go to higher RPM range.

Nothing but good work from Brian

Head with valve and top deck
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

intake port

exhaust port

O2 sensor port plugged

I can nothing but great work by Brian. I don't have the tools, machine and knowledge to do this type of work that is why I let the expert handle that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks great! Just moved from Grom.net to here after that fiasco. Subscribed.
I too have jumped ship and will post on this site.

Cisco, you will be so happy you got the big head from Brian. I just got mine up and running yesterday. It completely wakes up the top end, it pulls hard from the bottom to redline. Before you could tell it wanted more air up top.

You are running the PCV right?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I too have jumped ship and will post on this site.

Cisco, you will be so happy you got the big head from Brian. I just got mine up and running yesterday. It completely wakes up the top end, it pulls hard from the bottom to redline. Before you could tell it wanted more air up top.

You are running the PCV right?
running the 170cc kit with the port/polish head with stock O2sensor hole blocked and duel spring setup. Cam is Crower Cam, ECU piggy back is PCV plus O2/autosensor unit with onboard LCD on the fly tuning display. F/I is the 150cc unit from the honda scooter.

The stock airbox is mod to my liking and I do have the chimera air unit system but I want to run as close to stock as possible for my first dyno run.

The exhaust system will be stock with the O2 sensor hole being welded about 9-12 inch from the exhaust port and just before the spark/DOT CAT system I will weld a exhaust Dump system removal cap so I can run open exhaust on the open road/race track etc. I would like to keep the Grom exhaust system as stock as possible plus I like quite engine, no noise for me.

The stock tires have been changed to the Michelin tires running stock size in the front and I went up one size in the rear to 140/70-12.

The counter sprocket and rear sprocket is stock size but I'm thinking about going up on the counter sprocket to 16T as some riders have done for Top end speed, but I will wait and see.

I'm ordering a second cylinder kit for my second Grom and the only changes will be is that I will use the Yuminashi ECU, cam and F/I to see if that the difference in HP will be. The Grom Head will be stock with stock valve/spring. If no HP gain than I will send my head out to be port/polish plus duel spring like my first head was done.

Instead of going external oil cooler if my engine gets HOT I will try to figure out a way to put a mini fan over the engine fins to cool down the engine. I think it will be a cheaper mod vers having more oil lines and hardware to worry about. I also think that the black paint on the fins should be removed and bare metal used makes a better transfer of heat from the engine to the outside world.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Heya, anyone hear from Brian? I have emailed him a few times over the last two months and didn't get a reply. Hope everything is OK?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts