Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having a hard time getting the inside of the bar end out of the bars? I wanted to put bar end mirrors on my Grom but I can't get the threaded part of the bar end out of the bar.

I've applied vise grip pressure, I've screwed in another bolt and tapped the back of a crescent wrench.

anyone know if these are mounted in there permanently ?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I figured it out. They internal part of the bar end is welded into the bar. This pretty much means its going to be difficult to use bar end mirrors with the stock bars. I however didn't want to buy new bars to use to bar end mirrors. I grabbed my slide hammer and pulled it out. The next one I'll drill out. This will leave a 1/4 inch hole in the end of the bar but its all covered under grips when done.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bar end pictures

Here is a couple shots of what your dealing with.

Well I figured it out. They internal part of the bar end is welded into the bar. This pretty much means its going to be difficult to use bar end mirrors with the stock bars. I however didn't want to buy new bars to use to bar end mirrors. I grabbed my slide hammer and pulled it out. The next one I'll drill out. This will leave a 1/4 inch hole in the end of the bar but its all covered under grips when done.

Attachments

Reactions: jthspace

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ding Ding

We have a winner. They are part of the handlebar
Normally honda has some removable ones but the parts list does not show anything so they might be party of the bar and not removable.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got them out.

So I got the welded bar end nuts out of the bars. I drilled out the indented area and they pulled right out. it leaves a hole but no biggie.

I put the bar end mirrors in and they work 100 times better than stock. I can see all the way behind me.

It also removes the stock bars out of your vision. Improved visibility all around.

Here is a couple shots of what your dealing with.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Reactions: Gromlin

·
Registered
995 Posts
So I got the welded bar end nuts out of the bars. I drilled out the indented area and they pulled right out. it leaves a hole but no biggie.

I put the bar end mirrors in and they work 100 times better than stock. I can see all the way behind me.

It also removes the stock bars out of your vision. Improved visibility all around.
that looks far better than stock, and it looks really clean, clean enough that some people will think it came factory like that if seeing this bike for the first time.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Insert

I thought about re-tapping the insert but drilling it out was super quick.

Shoot, I want handguard on mine. Is that gonna be possible? Maybe re-tap the insert?

·
Registered
7 Posts

hey Gromlin

if you still check this can you explain in slightly more detail what you did? i don't want to have to buy a new bar just to put my bar ends on. you drilled out the indented area -- is that inside the bar where you took out the screw or do you mean pulling back the grip to reveal some other indention. and what did you mean by it leaves a hole? sorry if this is elementary but i just want to make sure i have everything i need to do the job. just spend two hours just trying to get that damn bar end off only to discover this inner piece. thanks a lot in advance.

scott

1 - 20 of 23 Posts