Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard some guys are removing the baffler in their Yoshi Grom cans, anyone here up to that? If so can you share what kind of difference you hear?

I expect without the baffler its going to get louder, but is it obnoxious loud or smooth loud??

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
haven't heard or seen any videos of this.

where did you hear it from?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ill have my full system on this afternoon and can do a vid.
sweet please do, really cool how many different sounds there are for the grom... reminds of the small block chevys from back in the day, chopped and screwed always, easy to get parts for, easy to work on and a blast to drive...

·
Registered
213 Posts
LOL shoot, exhaust is already on, dont think I took any videos of the stock setup. Its actually not as loud as I expected with the baffle inserted.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
videos are needed in this thread.

·
Registered
282 Posts
RS9 sounds great with the baffle IN!! Also, there is absolutely no popping or unwanted sounds of any kind upon decel. I am TOTALLY happy with everything about it and for me, that is rare indeed. This full system even came with the spring tool which is not included with many other high-end systems (Akrapovic etc..)

·
Registered
213 Posts
RS9 sounds great with the baffle IN!! Also, there is absolutely no popping or unwanted sounds of any kind upon decel. I am TOTALLY happy with everything about it and for me, that is rare indeed. This full system even came with the spring tool which is not included with many other high-end systems (Akrapovic etc..)

:motorcycle2_smilie:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no vids of the Grom Baffle less, but did find this one of a GSXR6 with multiple flybys baffle vs no baffle with a Yoshi can....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ceRKaZ51zs[/ame]

and this one of a Zuma baffle vs no baffle

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_WUSg-kQVU[/ame]

·
Registered
3 Posts
its not a baffle that is removed. Its more like a small insert on the end of the muffler, making the exit hole smaller. It sounds more deep and throaty with it removed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
From my understanding is that the db killer or baffle is a separate piece stuck in. Remove it and its just how it should sound. In cars they call them silencers.

should look something like this

1 - 20 of 30 Posts