Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to buy my parts for my Grom when it comes in and the first items to replace will be the tires and rear shock.

On tires I'm looking at the
Kenda K413 front 120/70-12,rear 140/70-12
Kenda K761 Dual Sport front 120/70-12 rear 130/70-12
Michelin Power Pure front 120/70-12, rear 140/70-12

Only those scooter riders that have used these tires please post all others with hear say info please do not post.

I like to know the size wise compared to the stock Grom tire and if they are physically smaller than stock or taller than stock or any other info.

My main concern is wet/rainy weather riding with these tires which I will be doing.

My main style of riding is freeway, expressway and weekend canyon and sweeping roadways where your knee will be touching the roadway.

On shocks Ohlins or YSS any experience in either one, only real users of these products on the Grom or other scooters or small MC need post.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ordered my Michelin Power Pure 120/70-12 and 140/70-12 and parts for my 1971 Honda SL125 that I'm restoring.

Since I have a No-Mar tire tool-kit I will remove the tire my self and get the rims painted/power coated/anodized Gold. Have to get a 20 ton press from HFT so I can press out the wheel bearings when doing my wheels.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
in for some photos.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Aprillia wheels look great!! I just ordered Mich PP's as well. I have them on a Ruckus w/ 12x8 fatty and like the compound. They are really soft here in Az. but I trust them in the twisties. My stock Grom front tire is being warranteed out by Honda for a bad balance condition. I think it separated some of the belts when it was tied down during shipping?? Korean rubber on a Honda product is no good. Surprised everyone at the dealer that they didn't use the usual Dunlops, Mich etc...

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I swapped my stocks out for the power pures right around 600 miles and have have right around 1500 now. I love them so far and have only had one sketchy moment with them:( unfortunately it was a sketch moment that took me cliff diving. Also keep in mind I'm not sure what caused the tires to give but I will consider the road condition and the peg scrapping to be a key factor that allowed the tires to give.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I swapped my stocks out for the power pures right around 600 miles and have have right around 1500 now. I love them so far and have only had one sketchy moment with them:( unfortunately it was a sketch moment that took me cliff diving. Also keep in mind I'm not sure what caused the tires to give but I will consider the road condition and the peg scrapping to be a key factor that allowed the tires to give.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
thanks for the heads up on the tire.

Looking at the video and replaying it a couple of million times I second the pegs and road condition being the problem since more than likely your tires should have been heated up to prefect riding temperature and the other factors would only be the road,pegs etc.

Did you have stock Grom rear shock or Ohlins or YSS?

I'm trying to score me some Ohlins or YSS from Bombay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts