Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if it has been posted before, but I saw this modified Grom paying homage to the 1960s Honda RC-series. Anyone seen any other retro kits out there? I really like the vintage, smooth look of the fairing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know that actual kits exist. I'm not even sure that image you're showing isn't simply photoshopped.

But I too would be very interested. Since I already basically have an offroader now, my upcoming Grom would be a street-oriented build and I've always wanted to have a classic-racer (read: cafe racer). I'd actually prefer to take it step further and have classier wheels (thinner).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh it exists..

I think it would be awesome to turn a Grom into a classic racer but I'm curious as to what you mean by classier wheels. Are you just talking about thinner tires?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh it exists..
I think it would be awesome to turn a Grom into a classic racer but I'm curious as to what you mean by classier wheels. Are you just talking about thinner tires?
Sweet, thanks for the additional pics!

Yeah, I guess I just mean thinner wheels. This is more or less my favorite type of classic racing bike (50s era, full-on dustbin fairing):

But that's just my preference. I'd take the bike you're showing us, if it was reasonably priced as a Grom kit, over nothing. Would be cool to have a classic racer, only with EFI and disc-brakes, for sure. Further mods can always come later. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cool pic, Aeroken. That shroud was probably all metal. I'd hate to crash that thing... ouch.
Yep. They were made out of Aluminum.

There are replicas being produced with fiberglass now. They are far from snap-on and would most likely require an extra-thin frame, or some improvisation to fit.

Then there are one-off enthusiasts/experts that occasionally make a new aluminum dustbin with jaw-dropping beauty like the one below (from Evan Wilcox; in this case, Motoguzzi V7 bike, with new fairing):

Edit: spelling

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See that's what I'm looking for. I love the retro fairing on the Grom, thanks for that link AeroKen. Anyone know anywhere else I can look for custom mods like that? I'm more interested in the fairing than anything else.
This sort of thing makes me think an all-Grom bike show could be pretty sweet...

·
Registered
14 Posts
This one looks pretty sweet, too.

I did a google search for "dustbin fairing" and got a lot of really nice image results.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts