Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
better photo

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
another accident but sucks for the GROM and hope that dudes ok.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That first one looked salvageable, as well as the second one. I do pray for the riders though...

I'll be honest, the way the wreckage in the first one looked, I'm wondering if he was hooning in traffic, and not paying attention. It looks like he went wheelie first into the arse end of the SUV.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea the first one looks strange.

Unless he flew forward and dented the trunk with his body 0.0

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
all these crashed groms/msxs are good news for future owners. same as sv650s, lots of crashes= lots of bikes being parted out = lots of parts to fix when you break something ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I wonder how they hold their bike to make them do that.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
all these crashed groms/msxs are good news for future owners. same as sv650s, lots of crashes= lots of bikes being parted out = lots of parts to fix when you break something ;)
parts a availability . . . good
insurance rates . . . bad

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
parts a availability . . . good
insurance rates . . . bad
but is anyone actually gonna bother with full coverage on a 3k bike? i would think that after the deductible it wouldn't even make sense to file a claim most of the time

·
Registered
33 Posts
but is anyone actually gonna bother with full coverage on a 3k bike? i would think that after the deductible it wouldn't even make sense to file a claim most of the time
Every single person that has to finance the $3k bike will have to have full coverage, or anyone that can't afford to replace the $3k on their own if they total the bike or it's stolen?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Every single person that has to finance the $3k bike will have to have full coverage, or anyone that can't afford to replace the $3k on their own if they total the bike or it's stolen?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
most of the motorcycle financing i've seen is credit card based and doesn't require full coverage. the premium difference will be huge between liability and collision (think like 5-600 a year). So after the ~500 deductible, you would basically be buying a new one every 3 years in premium... then add on the insurance hit any time you report an accident (both to the bike insurance AND the car insurance since an accident is an accident). So i doubt it would be worth carrying the collision coverage

anyway, i'll be racing mine (so crashing A LOT), so it doesn't make sense for me to carry collision even as a "just in case".

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Holy crap wtf?! was he trying to go through the rear window... How did that end up happening?

Hope hes ok

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think what there are 5 groms down now. Probably some that didn't make it to the forums too. Maybe he was transporting it in the trunk and it flew out the window. Just doesn't make sense how it looks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If it's any lower than $3000 I wouldn't bother to have full coverage on it but for a new bike like the grom and it's cost I would do it so I don't lose out on my end if it does end up getting stolen.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts