Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've mentioned elsewhere here before, I'm interested in the Grom primarily for day to day duty, I live downtown Toronto.

Just wondering if some guys with their Groms already could share what its like running errands on the Grom. You guys running saddles or top boxes? Are there even box/saddle options for the Grom?

I guess i could always backpack it...

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
i usually just toss on the backpack, they do have a rear trunk case thing though that i have seen on a grom. if its anything more than backpack use, i usually just take the truck.

the grom is quick and just hop on and go with upfront parking everywhere which i love more than anything. oh and its beyond cheap on gas and a good time going to and from places vs taking the cage sitting in traffic.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
the quick and easy answer I give to everyone is a milk crate. fits almost anything. easy enough to strap to the back seat. free with 5 finger discount (or you probably have one in your garage already)

Reactions: GromGuy

·
Registered
995 Posts
the quick and easy answer I give to everyone is a milk crate. fits almost anything. easy enough to strap to the back seat. free with 5 finger discount (or you probably have one in your garage already)
I find that if you ask some grocery stores for them they'll give it to you for free, or you go around to the dumpsters in the back they sometimes leave them their to be thrown out. Im sure they have no problem with people digging from their

·
Registered
43 Posts
But a milk crate isn't exactly the best looking way to carry things around on your Grom. I would opt for a backpack since you probably already have one. I don't think I'll ever want/need to carry more than what would fit in a backpack while I'm out on the Grom. If I did then I would take my car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ride to work almost every day and it's hard to bring a lunch in a backpack without it getting smooshed, I think I need a rack on the back and some bungee cords

·
Registered
336 Posts
I went out and bought a backpack big enough to fit an 18 pack and then some. But I think a rear rack, plus milk crate clamped down, would be a great addition. My only concern would be visibility of the taillights with the crate on there. I guess this will be the ultimate deciding factor on whether or not I keep my fender eliminator on. As much as I hate the stock ski jump, I'd hate to be rear-ended worse.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Why buy saddle bags for the Grom when you can just wear a backpack? If you can't fit it in your back pack it is probably too big to be riding around on your Grom. The Grom is great for running errands because it is fun, but it isn't like you will be able to do major grocery shopping or anything. Think small and compact for errands (just like the Grom :))

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ride the grom to work just about everyday (for now at least) and a backpack for lunch works really well. Other errands are usually done with a car

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Not alot of space for stuff to be honest. And I think thats not exclusive to the GROM.

Even with a box you can't really fit much.
A bag of apples? A loaf of bread?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just use a backpack, an old Jansport I've had since college. I've carried 4 quarts of oil and a gallon of milk in it at the same time, and done all sorts of other errands on it. I usually don't need to carry much for my errands, so the backpack works great, plus I can stash my ball cap in there for when I have to take my helmet off!

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I'm a backpack guy. I've used everything from my wife's baby backpack (it was black, with green on it) to my Ogio. If you're doing city riding I'd say get one with a nice bright color (or you canadians say Colour, right?) so people will see you. City riding sucks.

Joe

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Givi E370, mounted on the back of my Grom. I really prefer it over the backpack, because a lot of stores get nervous, when they see anyone, walking around with one. It also allows me to leave stuff in there during the day, instead of always having to take everything inside with me.

·
Registered
255 Posts

Ogio Mach 5 ALL Day.

I like the look of it over the top box but for woms it makes more sense.

If neccessary the Givi top box is a good alternative for space.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Hey guys we are a new sponsor to this forum.

Sure you can use a backpack, but these will allow you a lot more storage and look great too.
Here are some luggage options for the Grom. Our strap mount CL-1010-ST tank bag $39.95 and CL-890 Expandable Saddlebags $139.95 on a Grom.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hey guys we are a new sponsor to this forum.

Sure you can use a backpack, but these will allow you a lot more storage and look great too.
Here are some luggage options for the Grom. Our strap mount CL-1010-ST tank bag $39.95 and CL-890 Expandable Saddlebags $139.95 on a Grom.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
I would like to see pic of it mounted with the straps between the seat and the frame, that way I can tell how much lower it sits compared to above the seat mounted. Please have pic from the back and up close from the side "left and right" with both type of mounting, straps on the seat and straps between the seat. Thanks, If it has the look I want on my Grom I'll order one of your saddle bags. I need it to carry my chain and lock and bike cover. My rack will cover the rest of my junk such as my gym bag or grocery from Costco.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts