Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! :)

My Grom/MSX is about four month old - three of which where summer month, and i just realized rust is already invading both mirrors! Same thing with a friend of mine bike he bought the same day.

This seems to be a defect... and i intend to get it fixed free of charge... we'll see what happens.

Anybody having the same issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
That'll teach for living by the coast, and it's salt air.
No problems so far here in the Charente.
Although my Grom does live in a nice dry grange

Dog

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would say that there was something wrong with the finish on the metal because it shouldn't rust like that especially so soon after buying it. Have you contacted Honda about it yet?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can't remember what Honda's finish warranty is, but any DSM should see that it's no fault of yours. I'd contact Honda if your dealer doesn't seem interested in helping you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If they wont help you hit the chrome with a decent polish to knock the rust off and then buff the pits out with aluminum foil dipped in some water

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
thats not good. or normal.

has it been exposed to salt anytime during its life?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to see our local dealer and they took a pictures of the issue. They called me back two days after to tell me i could come back for they will change the parts.

Living by the sea does not help, but if chrome was rusting that fast over here i would have noticed long ago. This is obviously a defective part. I just hope the new ones will not rust the same after a few month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts