Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted a bike for a long ass time. Got a job at the start of last summer, worked 50-hour weeks, and finally had enough to get a GSXR-600.
Was a really fun bike, and had a lot of good times on it (despite the 3 times it shut down on me on the highway. Goddamn rectifiers.)

One day this past March, it was standing in front of my building (with about 4 security cameras watching it, mind you). I come the next day, and it's gone. First I thought it was towed, but after calling all the towing companies, I check the security footage, and sure enough, it was lifted by two guys and put in the back of a Chrysler minivan. License plate was indiscernable on the footage.
Only had liability insurance so... fuck.

And that's how I lost $4500.

So, what bike should I plan on getting in a few years when I save up again? I'm looking for a more comfortable riding position, so I was thinking something like the Triumph Speed Triple. Thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Damn that sucks, it's always the minivans you gotta be careful of... Had a friend lose his cbr in the back of an astro van, also captured on camera. Best of luck with the next one

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. It really does suck, since I walk by the spot everyday. Just try not to think about it.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only had liability, so they don't cover theft.

I liked the sv650, but if I'm going with the sv it would be liter. Fz1 isn't bad either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh man that sucks !

Hope you can get another bike soon !!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hmmm...Grom forum. But I really don't blame you for venting. Anyone would be devastated. I plan to never leave my new Grom ( It should be mine in about 5 weeks) anywhere that I am not.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gotta run the full coverage if you are not locking up the bike. Crazy expensive on a sports bike, so a different category bike, like you are looking for, will be much less expensive to ensure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts