Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
yeah, I am thinking they will not blink an eye. Things happen in the supply chain. If they would not have said end of August ... and said sometime in October, you would still be happily waiting :)

thus the SUPPLY in Supply and Demand

·
Registered
123 Posts
They most definitely wont care.

I think they are testing the waters to see how sales are with this bike anyway...give it time, eventually they will be in every showroom.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I feel like they care and are trying to get the Groms out to where they should be as it is. It's not like this letter is telling them something that they don't know. I anticipate that they are already trying to remedy the problem and there is only so much they can do. Much of it has to do with supplies and delivery times, etc.. Some things just take time or are out of your direct control.

·
Registered
995 Posts
can't see anything to complain about, more colors would be cool, even more sleek and cleaner looking mirrors would help since the stop mirrors are just annoying.

at least these are things we can change ourselves

·
Registered
998 Posts
the problem is HONDA Motorcycles, missed the projection of how good these GROMS will sell in the USA.

You assemble a team of sales analysis who so pose to figure out the projected sales and then est the amount of GROMS that the USA market should buy and you go out to the manufacturer and start building these GROMS at a certain number amount.

The second problem for HONDA motorcycle company is that you have to make these GROM follow the EPA guidelines set by our government for vehicles entering the USA for sales and make sure these GROMS are safe to drive/ride on our city streets.

So to the wise at HONDA motorcycle USA staff or team that log on to the various GROM website and see what the USA motorcycle riders think of the GROM they will get shit loads of information here or any of the other GROM/MSX-125 website.

Like I said other manufacturers of motorcycles will see what is going on with the GROM and they will build a better unit with more HP and gears "6 speed", etc.

Remember that Apple built the iphone and most cell phone manufacturers copied the iphone or made it better and now droids and Samsung are catching up or passing Apple sales. Nokia missed the boat and so did BlackBerry and Motorola.

So if any Kawasaki motorcycle reps/engineers reading this post, hint, take your disconnected Kawi Ninga 250r motorcycle, revamp the carbs to FI, re-engineer the swing arm and front forks to fit a grom size tires and you will have a hit if you can sell it for price close to the GROM of MSRP $2,999-$3,500 plus it will be hwy legal.

Bottom line is you got to make it better, nicer looking and price so that the average worker and buy one.

And second get rid of these price gouging honda sales dealers around the country or make these GROM a set price like they do the Saturn cars no matter where you buy it in the USA.

Most of the motorcycle riders and buys know what the MSRP means so don't try to gouge us but do make some money and remember you make your money in tire sales, after market stuff, etc.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My transmission sucks. Very unlike Honda in every way. Clunky as hell, always catching neutral on 1-2 shift, doesn't like to go into 4th, sometimes I get a random skip somewhere...I'm thinkin it's a warranty piece.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My transmission sucks. Very unlike Honda in every way. Clunky as hell, always catching neutral on 1-2 shift, doesn't like to go into 4th, sometimes I get a random skip somewhere...I'm thinkin it's a warranty piece.

Yea, I used to catch N a lot, it seemed to get a lot better with some more miles on it, or maybe I just go 1-2 a little harder cause mentally I know its there, lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
The only complain I have is for those greedy suckers that are selling the grom for almost double. Stop buying out the groms and forcing people to buy your over priced GROM!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am frustrated because I live in MN and I put $1,000 down in early June and was told late august, then mid September, now mid October. By the time I get the bike it will be snowing here and the season will be over.

I guess I will just need to hurry up and find a job in Austin so I can move and enjoy all year.

at the BARE MINIMUM Honda should have been able to fulfill every paid pre-order on the first shipment of bikes.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
the problem is HONDA Motorcycles, missed the projection of how good these GROMS will sell in the USA.

You assemble a team of sales analysis who so pose to figure out the projected sales and then est the amount of GROMS that the USA market should buy and you go out to the manufacturer and start building these GROMS at a certain number amount.

The second problem for HONDA motorcycle company is that you have to make these GROM follow the EPA guidelines set by our government for vehicles entering the USA for sales and make sure these GROMS are safe to drive/ride on our city streets.

So to the wise at HONDA motorcycle USA staff or team that log on to the various GROM website and see what the USA motorcycle riders think of the GROM they will get shit loads of information here or any of the other GROM/MSX-125 website.

Like I said other manufacturers of motorcycles will see what is going on with the GROM and they will build a better unit with more HP and gears "6 speed", etc.

Remember that Apple built the iphone and most cell phone manufacturers copied the iphone or made it better and now droids and Samsung are catching up or passing Apple sales. Nokia missed the boat and so did BlackBerry and Motorola.

So if any Kawasaki motorcycle reps/engineers reading this post, hint, take your disconnected Kawi Ninga 250r motorcycle, revamp the carbs to FI, re-engineer the swing arm and front forks to fit a grom size tires and you will have a hit if you can sell it for price close to the GROM of MSRP $2,999-$3,500 plus it will be hwy legal.

Bottom line is you got to make it better, nicer looking and price so that the average worker and buy one.

And second get rid of these price gouging honda sales dealers around the country or make these GROM a set price like they do the Saturn cars no matter where you buy it in the USA.

Most of the motorcycle riders and buys know what the MSRP means so don't try to gouge us but do make some money and remember you make your money in tire sales, after market stuff, etc.
I think Honda is just testing waters with the GROM.

How big is a market for something like the GROM anyways? We don't really know yet. Its sort of a niche product. If it really does sell far beyond expectations you can definitely bet other manufacturers will start looking into it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am frustrated because I live in MN and I put $1,000 down in early June and was told late august, then mid September, now mid October. By the time I get the bike it will be snowing here and the season will be over.

I guess I will just need to hurry up and find a job in Austin so I can move and enjoy all year.

at the BARE MINIMUM Honda should have been able to fulfill every paid pre-order on the first shipment of bikes.
Did you work with a level 5 dealer or just your local bike shop that happens to sell Honda? Honda supported their big dealers first, as they should, since these dealers bring them the most business.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts