Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Matt here... I own SikMoto, an independent moto service and repair shop in San Luis Obispo, CA. I decided to pick up a Honda Grom to build as a shop bike and showcase some of the products I sell to my customers, as well have an awesome commuter for myself! :D

Plopped down a deposit today on a black grom, going to put down a deposit on 1 or 2 more just in case something goes wrong.... I want to get one as soon as they are available and start the build.

Plans are full Yoshimura exhaust, bar ends, tail tidy, carbon case cover, engine plugs, have the seat custom redone, carbon fiber front fender, HID headlight with auxiliary LED lights, and who knows what else.

Ill create a build thread once things get started here, or you can follow along with the build (and all other stuff at my shop) at my facebook www.Facebook.com/SikMoto

Have a good one!

Matt
SikMoto

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I hope everything follows through with you grom project I would love to see the different variations of grom builds on here. We got to make em stand out here in the U.S. just as much if not more than the MSX 125 in Thailand.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome!

Integrated tailights please! It would be nice to see somebody get on that for the rear end.

Suscribed!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hid projector and auxillery lights for the headlamp is nice but what if you guys did the demons eyes for the GRom! Oh man! come on while your at it. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZsXbYJ-Jak]#3 Honda CBR 600RR Projector Headlights BiXenon hid Angel / demon Eyes Halos By BKmoto - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what can be done with these things. Keep a log up with all the progress and costs along the way. Are you going to sell parts for these in store only?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely will be keeping up a log of all costs/mods/updates etc.

I will be stocking some Grom parts in store, but I will most definitely give Grom members the hook up on discounted pricing along with shipping.... no problem!

Matt

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Definitely will be keeping up a log of all costs/mods/updates etc.

I will be stocking some Grom parts in store, but I will most definitely give Grom members the hook up on discounted pricing along with shipping.... no problem!

Matt
If I get a Grom you will get my business!

·
Registered
16 Posts
If these bikes hit a nerve and grow in popularity the aftermarket could get sizeable. Has anyone ridden one of these yet? Any possibilty to make a dual sport?

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'll have my eye on the project. Can't wait to see what you come up with. But let's hurry up and get some quality go-fast parts!
don't be surprised if people start shipping in parts from Thailand since all the aftermarket support is over their, it would be a good option since most of the U.S. companies are still developing their products

1 - 17 of 17 Posts