Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, as the title suggest, I have a slug grom! There is a group of us that do track days that have groms that drag race them after race hours, and mine is by far the slug. Any ideas on why mine may be slower? We all have done mods. Mine has a slip on Yosh, and Ohlins suspension as the only two main performance upgrades. Another guy has the same Yosh, but no other performance. And the third guy has a full system and walks away from us both. Now I have them both on top end when we take them out on the track third gear at about 8,000rpm, I pull and then pull away in forth. Problem is, bragging rights and dinner bets are all done in the drag race. HAHA

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
13t sprocket ftw. doesn't even remove top end, since you never have the power to rev-out in 4th.

mine got faster by about 700mi

·
Registered
998 Posts
rider's wt will affect the motorcycle speed. Want to win, just get the lighten flywheel and oil spinner and you will beat them out of the hole shot everytime unless your friends are 140 lbs or less in wt and you are 210 lbs in wt and you have a disadvantage of 70 lbs of extra wt that the Grom has to pull/carry.:nerd:

Yes when you get up to the 700-1000 miles on your odm the engine is broken in and it will scoot all day 60-65mph.

small airbox mod to the stock airbox will help also and changing the spark plug to CPR7EA-9 since you are usually riding WOT you want a plug that will work better at higher temp. One more trick stay at 87 oct gas Groms run better with that octane.

Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All weigh about the same. I only have 321 miles on it. Thanks for idea on spark plug, I thought about doing this, but didn't know if it would help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts