Honda Grom Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Great to join the forum. My name is Doug Danzeisen, live in Dayton, OH. I currently have a Kawasaki and a Honda as well as a Suzuki in my life. My son, who has a Honda dirt bike wants a Grom badly. He thinks it is the coolest bike ever. Honda knows their audience. I told him he has to save 2/3 money from his lawn cutting and I will pay the rest and the tax and fees. Would love to find a dealer who will not try to rake us for all the excess fees and such they sometimes charge. Our local Honda dealer in Dayton is gone, so we have to go out of town. :motorbikesmilie:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm always happy to see parents that make their kids work/pay for things they really want instead of just giving/buying it for them. It helps ground them in reality instead of creating spoiled little entitled brats imho. My parents never bought me a car or motorcycle. The only thing my dad would do financially was put them on his auto insurance with liability only which was less than $200 a year..lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
You are a great dad! I wish you and your son luck getting a Grom.

I am thankful for the lessons my parents taught me including working and saving money for what I really wanted. I bought a slightly used 1963 Honda 90 dream with 300 miles for a cool $300. :motorcyclesmilieK:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Always a good lesson to learn

When I was about 13 or 14 years old everyone in my neighborhood had dirt bikes. Once I received permission to get one I immediately started saving every penny I could get. I checked posts on Craigslist daily and worked my tail off till I reached about 700$. Eventually I found a Honda xr80r and had a whole lot of fun riding that thing around. Then it got too small for me so I sold it for 700$ saved up even more and bought a Honda rebel for 1000$. I've learned how to change tires, oil, brake fluid, brake pads, battery, headlight, clean the air filter, carbeurator and much more with the help of my dad and a manual. It's been a great experience and I hope you make great memories for your son as well!!

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
welcome frankfan42

·
Administrator
365 Posts
Good to hear! Your son has come great taste!

There is a big honda dealer in Toledo. I would hit them up when you are ready to purchase.

Stew

·
Registered
116 Posts
welcome to the board! sound like an awesome dad. wish mine started to get me into motors early.

When I was about 13 or 14 years old everyone in my neighborhood had dirt bikes. Once I r.................. a great experience and I hope you make great memories for your son as well!!
so you had wheels before 16? luuuucky

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Nice! Welcome! Get your son on here if you think he is able to handle the craziness that is the internet!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
welcome to the board! sound like an awesome dad. wish mine started to get me into motors early.

so you had wheels before 16? luuuucky
Indeed and even before that one of my friends that was a few years older than me used to let me drive his Kawasaki 110. That's what made me want one the most. I had my Honda rebel when I was 15 but could only cruise around the neighborhood until I was able to get my motorcycle license and tags for it. It was pretty agonizing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wish I had that kind of agreement with my dad haha. I had to pay for the whole bike, and repairs. He did pay the insurance though, so that was nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts