Honda Grom Forums banner

Son wants a grom

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  chopskey 
Always a good lesson to learn

When I was about 13 or 14 years old everyone in my neighborhood had dirt bikes. Once I received permission to get one I immediately started saving every penny I could get. I checked posts on Craigslist daily and worked my tail off till I reached about 700$. Eventually I found a Honda xr80r and had a whole lot of fun riding that thing around. Then it got too small for me so I sold it for 700$ saved up even more and bought a Honda rebel for 1000$. I've learned how to change tires, oil, brake fluid, brake pads, battery, headlight, clean the air filter, carbeurator and much more with the help of my dad and a manual. It's been a great experience and I hope you make great memories for your son as well!!

welcome to the board! sound like an awesome dad. wish mine started to get me into motors early.

so you had wheels before 16? luuuucky
Indeed and even before that one of my friends that was a few years older than me used to let me drive his Kawasaki 110. That's what made me want one the most. I had my Honda rebel when I was 15 but could only cruise around the neighborhood until I was able to get my motorcycle license and tags for it. It was pretty agonizing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.