Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I used to own a Honda Interceptor 750 back in the 90's, it was a great bike and I don't know why I ever stopped riding. I came across the Grom on the Honda site the other day. I've been thinking of getting an other bike for years now but the price of bikes, plates, insurance is keeping me away.

I looked at the Harley Sportster 48, Yamaha Bolt spec-R and above 10,000$ it's not in my price range for now but the Grom is 3.000$, plates are the cheapest (in Quebec under 125cc is 240$), insurance pretty low, waiting to get a quote. So I may ride a lil scrappy bike for a while and get used of riding again. Later I'll be getting a larger bike, CBR600 would be nice. But start small and go big later on ;)

So I'm planing on passing my course again this summer.

So I've been looking in this forum for mods and places to get parts.
Here's the few things I would jump on modding as soon as I would get the bike.
1-The mirrors has to go, the look like crap ;)
2-The rear fender eliminator kit
3-Projector headlamp, that thing should have been on the US/Canadian model from day1.
4-Exhaust, loud is safer with a bike
5-That free airbox mod I saw on youtube

Later, making it go faster. Bore kit or seeing if I can swap a 250 in it. Appearance parts, performance parts....

So I'll on here poking around, looking for info, looking at pictures and vids. Thanks for all future help on getting me back on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it seem that all the parts are coming from Thailand, any distributors in the US?
My goal is to make it a 75-80mph runabout, so a 150cc Bore kit, exhaust should do it ;)

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Well it seem that all the parts are coming from Thailand, any distributors in the US?
My goal is to make it a 75-80mph runabout, so a 150cc Bore kit, exhaust should do it ;)
All the good stuff is in the works. It's going to blow up in the states now that companies are seeing such interest in the grom.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the good stuff is in the works. It's going to blow up in the states now that companies are seeing such interest in the grom.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Well, when I'll own it the after market should be here and going strong.

I'm aiming at 75-80mph range, but don't want to be in the red line so 80-90 top speed is required.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts