Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone find a source for spoke wheels we've been seeing on the bikes from EU and Asia?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like the looks of wire spoked wheels, but like the trueness of cast wheels and the ability to run tubeless tires. Practicality wins out for me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Spoked wheels are good for it's looks but having to go through all the troubkle of conveting to tubed tires I would just stick with the stock ones. Or for some weight loss go with the magnesium wheels if you have the monies. $$$$

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The riding I do,I will probably crack the cast wheels plus I'm 210lbs and dropping.I am rough on wheels.I have several cast 17inch wheels in my building that are cracked,broken,or warped.Easier to repair a spoke wheel.I'm not a fanatic about tubeless tires.Spokes are heavier than the cast aluminum and more durable.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im heavy rider at 300lbs and ive never cracked a rim, what are you doin?

Bad things,reallllly bad things!Took a GS5 down a freshly graded gravel road.A well traveled road at that.Broke a section out of the front wheel and warped the rear wheel enough to rub the tire on the swing arm.I never made it out of second gear and didn't even hit 20mph.Went back a few weeks later and warped another front wheel.Decided I needed a bike with spoke wheels or a truck to take the road through Pearson Falls.I have taken my V Star (spoke wheels) through there after bad storms rutted the road and no issues.No issues when it's graded either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts