Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the stock header pipe has any restriction where it bolts up to the motor? On mopeds the pipe usually has a welded area that makes the diamater of the pipe actually smaller. If u drill that out you gain power anyone know??

·
Registered
336 Posts
I doubt it. If anything, the only purpose of getting a full system vs a slip on, would be for aesthetics. This bike seems choked down for sure, but not that choked down.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The restricter on the stock pipe is the catalytic converter. Switching to a slipon makes almost no power. Switching to a full system has been proven by our members to gain about 1HP at the wheel. The difference all seems to be in the header pipe.

Aftermarket headers have a larger bore, smoother bends, and no catalytic converter.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is def a difference on mine with a slip on. I could tell right away. Just thought i could get some free hp

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have checked and there are no restrictions other than the factory design. I have also removed the rear muffler cone which is only for aesthetics, the muffler is completely welded. I'm going with a full system myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts