Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
This would be tiny. My Grom has a wheel base of 47 inches and this is 37. A regular sized bike is 57 inches. The twin discs suggest it may go faster than 35 mph. Would make a great urban commuter, and made by Suzuki is a huge plus as opposed to some less-known company with no dealer network.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Its crazy that it is even smaller than the Grom. Being electric and small, this is likely a very efficient bike. I think that the Grom will do better though. It is more practical, cheaper, bigger...

·
Registered
256 Posts
It is pretty neat looking but it could only work in a 100% urban environment. The article suggests a maybe a 40 mile range. Unless it charges really quick I couldn't use it where I use my Grom.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks super gay
Come on, the Grom isn't exactly a chick magnet, but they can be fun.

Its crazy that it is even smaller than the Grom. Being electric and small, this is likely a very efficient bike. I think that the Grom will do better though. It is more practical, cheaper, bigger...
With that logic, why not go for a Ninja or CBR 250? More practical, bigger, same price?

I think it's actually pretty cool. 37" is way too small to be on roads, but I think it's definitely better looking... doesn't have the big goofy headlight, and the wheels and frame are pretty stylin. It makes me wonder what the other brands will come up with...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Come on, the Grom isn't exactly a chick magnet, but they can be fun.

With that logic, why not go for a Ninja or CBR 250? More practical, bigger, same price?

I think it's actually pretty cool. 37" is way too small to be on roads, but I think it's definitely better looking... doesn't have the big goofy headlight, and the wheels and frame are pretty stylin. It makes me wonder what the other brands will come up with...
because that makes no sense. Electric is inherently limited to its batteries, where grom is gas and go. A bigger and heavier Ninjette or 250 is going to impact fuel economy vs the Grom...

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
It is pretty neat looking but it could only work in a 100% urban environment. The article suggests a maybe a 40 mile range. Unless it charges really quick I couldn't use it where I use my Grom.
Very well put.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Zero just announced the line of bikes for 2014 and they no longer make the small ones. The FX, MX, MU are out. Only the S and DS models are being made. Brammo also dropped their small bike, so there will be less competition if Suzuki does decide to sell this. I really like the idea of a high torque, very light bike. 40 miles is actually just fine...even though it usually turns out to be closer to 30, but that would still be OK with me for many trips. I like almost everything Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Honda make. Plenty of dealers and generally good quality too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.