Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tempted by the new FZ-07. 58 mpg, quick torque monster, more comfortable seat. Better scenario I would have both, but I am somewhat considering selling the Grom for it. :eek:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not looking for more HP than the fz-07 at nearly half the fuel economy. I've thought some about the -09 just because it's not that much more than the -07 but from what been reading about the -07 it will be enough for me.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Not looking for more HP than the fz-07 at nearly half the fuel economy. I've thought some about the -09 just because it's not that much more than the -07 but from what been reading about the -07 it will be enough for me.

I believe the fz09 still gets 45 mpg....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah looking I've seen on Fuelly a range from 38-50 mpg. But I just don't think I want that extra power.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Throttle response settings, not so much to limit the power just change how responsive the throttle is. And it reverts to standard every time you start it, I would prefer it to be on the least responsive B mode automatically.

I also dislike how the cluster is offset on the FZ-09, I prefer symmetrical things like the cluster on the FZ-07.

Case closed, I like the FZ-07 more than the -09

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Throttle response settings, not so much to limit the power just change how responsive the throttle is. And it reverts to standard every time you start it, I would prefer it to be on the least responsive B mode automatically.

I also dislike how the cluster is offset on the FZ-09, I prefer symmetrical things like the cluster on the FZ-07.

Case closed, I like the FZ-07 more than the -09
No it dumps power in b mode, someone did dyno results, if I were able to scoop up a bike, id grab it in a heartbeat. Although I did see an fz07 in traffic and both look absolutely killer

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Grom is gone (money needed) but come spring time might pick up a FZ-07 or maybe even the FZ-09.

FZ-09 just because of this. Dat yellow paint scheme!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
it's like a modern sv650 replacement

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup, and I had always wanted an SV650. So many bikes, not enough money.

i'm crushing over the new Ducati Scrambler too.

Especially the Urban X model

1 - 13 of 13 Posts