GromForum.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
After seeing this forum, I will definitely look at my dealership around the corner. Best thing would be just call and ask.

Good luck and if they do, let's enjoy the ride :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
my local dealer is usually pretty genorous with test rides on anything except full fairing sport bikes. but i have dealt with others in the past that will not allow rides on anything. i think it just comes down to insurance coverage from dealer to dealer

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought my Civic at the one around the corner and they are a powerhouse dealer, so shouldn't be an issue. They have all my information and financed with them... If I really screw up they can just add it on my bill ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
good point wlorton! they make it sound like there will hardly be any available to sell, much less keep for a demo bike!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
There will be no test rides on mine

·
Registered
237 Posts
None of our dealers allow test rides on new bikes.Kind of sucks.Used bikes are a different story tho.Maybe someone will buy one and bring it back because it doesn't live up to their super sport bike dreams.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
It depends if they have dedicated demos. My dealer does not so they do not allow test rides because no one wants to buy a bike thats been ridden on by multiple people before.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It depends if they have dedicated demos. My dealer does not so they do not allow test rides because no one wants to buy a bike thats been ridden on by multiple people before.
I don't think any of my local dealers have demos.I know they let used ones go for a spin from time to time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i could never purchase a demo bike. you know everyone that has ever been on it probably just beat the crap out of it to see what it would do. it would have to come with a mega warranty for me to bite on it

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would assume that Honda would do some kind of demo events at local dealers, where they'll bring demo bikes so that the dealer doesn't need to put miles on their own saleable vehicles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I checked with my dealer. They told me even with my 100$ deposit, I can "TEST SIT". If I want to ride it; "buy it and test ride it all day and night". I lol and said ok call me when my Grom gets in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think the local dealers will let you test ride a bike you are serious about purchasing. If there's not a potential sale there, you can't hold them as unreasonable for not letting everyone joy ride.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i could recognize the dangers of test rides from a dealer POV. i doubt if i would allow test rides. risk too high to have your inventory destroyed

1 - 20 of 23 Posts