Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I was able to finish the wiring of the WB 02 sensor and my added fuse box to the RED grom. The only thing left is to ground the Close Loop circuit to the Green wire of the WB sensor box and wire in the HID projector system to the added fuse box and the RED Grom is ready for road testing.

All testing today was done to check for PCV and WB-02 sensor connection and engine idle and running. I ran the engine for 10-15 minutes at idle and some throttle response. I checked for charging voltage and certain RPM and tested and check for any strange engine noise.

Right now I have no airbox on the grom and at start up the idle was ruff and the engine died at first idle. I restarted and opened up the throttle at 2K rpm for about 30 seconds and let the throttle idle again and it held at 1200 rpm with the indicator engine light flashing which showed that the close loop circuit was having problems which was due to me not connecting the close loop circuit to the green wire of the WB-02 sensor box.

tools and stuff all over the place
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

wire in the extra fuse box
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

checking PCV and WB-02 sensor status light

checking charging voltage at idle

idle shows about 1200 rpm and this was with no adjustment to the idle screw

Here is a short video of the engine running, Just click on the pic and the video will start. There is no airbox so the noise you hear is the tappets and 170cc breaking in. I ran the engine at idle for 5 minutes and shut it down and ran it again for another 5-10 minutes to check on the charging of the battery voltage at different RPM range. So far the engine is killer and you can feel the thumping of the 170cc as it runs.

So far so good
What is on the RED grom engine upgrade
170cc BrianS cylinder
BrianS Port/polish/duel valve spring/bigger valve/plugged OEM 02 sensor port
Crower cam
NGK CPR7EA-9 spark plug
PCV with auto sense WB-02 unit.
Lipo 8 cell battery
valve lash set at .003
mod stock exhaust pipe with bung "gutted CAT honey cone removed"
decompressor unit removed from Cam setup

Tomorrow the HID projector unit that I made gets installed plus the grounding of the close loop circuit and the modified airbox unit gets installed and recheck of engine bolt and nut torque and road testing sometime this week or weekend.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.