14K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  hotfungi 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
A black grom would compliment this truck if you have one. Lol

Attachments

#3 ·
Now you're talking my language Greg. I wondered if others on here were as paranoid as me. :)

Seriously though I have a panic room in my house, and I am well stocked. Water, food, walls have kevlar, etc. I've seen enough disaster movies that having a quick way to zip around is pretty important.

Example, Deep impact:

Ignore the kids on the bike, of course.

It would be pretty fun to make a run that had that kind of feel. Huge sense of urgency, impending doom, and my new Grom zipping around the city, then into the woods.

Do you think there's a safe place to store a gun on the Grom? (serious question)

Do you keep yourself within an hour of your safe house, for those of you that don't have a basement or panic room? Would the Grom make a good escape vehicle?

#4 ·
I just watched Deep Impact today. Hahaha

I could fit my .380 under the seat. My AR or 870 would be a but noticeable. My 9 can stay on my person. Heh

#6 ·
Well, I could have gotten the Deep Impact part right since it's on TBS every 2 hours. :)

That's a lot of weapons for one trip. I guess if you're rushing to the underground bunker though you want everything you can get. Where do you stick the C4 explosive though?

#5 ·
I just finished reading "Emergency" by Neil Strauss, and immediately thought of the Grom as a BOV during the part where he writes about buying a Rokon for bugging out. My only concern with either bike would be the lack of concealable storage, which as GregW pointed out, could be problematic if you plan on having a long gun with you.

#7 ·
I'd be worried about non-concealable storage too. If you have a family (like me) I can't pack them all on the Grom, despite the great pictures someone posted recently of six people on a Grom or something silly like that.

But if I'm running away myself yes I could bug out on the Grom.

#8 ·
We don't have a bunker or hidden piece of land in the mountains. For my wife, kids and I, we would be better to hunker down at home. An all blacke out Grom with me on it wearing all black is a great last night recon / supply gathering vehicle. Just need to be sure you can kill all the lights when riding.

#12 ·
This is the ultimate bug out bike

With a keyless ignition, blackout capabilities, no intake or exhaust, and replaceable battery packs, the MMX motorcycle can travel quickly, efficiently, and nearly soundlessly – even on rough terrain. Zero Motorcycles developed the vehicle under US military contract. The vehicle is painted a matte black, which allows the machine to appear inconspicuous and disappear in the dark.P
Available only to special forces i.e. not sold to the public :(

#14 ·
This is the ultimate bug out bike

Available only to special forces i.e. not sold to the public :(

Here's your civilian version. Personally don't think they would be good bug out vehicles.. Well, they'd be great until the battery runs out! Then what? Run a generator for 8 hours to recharge? Seems like a much bigger waste of fuel than putting it into a a gas bike. If being extremely quite is the goal, a bicycle is probably the best option!

#17 ·
I need a Grom so that I can take pictures of my AR15 a trapped to it. Heh heh

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#32 ·
I did not think about the bug out utility for this MC...I have a trailer hitch on the car but this bike is light enough for a bumper rail attachment. That said, always heard that electronic ignitions will be fried in the event of an EMP. Older mechanical injector Diesel and Gas with points ignition may run after an EMP I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.