Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's and girls,

I dont want to give you all a Honda history lesson but Belgium has been a (big) part of the Honda history.

I don't know if you guys know but the first Honda factory outside japan was build in Aalst, Belgium.. and still today the belgian role in the honda brand is pretty big(all european honda cars/bikes/engines come true Ghent). So a 20 min drive from my place to a place this holy i had no choice but to go to the place and took some pics with our beloved bike!

Greetings,

Jannes

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks really tuff in black. Needs knobbies though. :)
What are knobbies :confused::eek:

(I think i found out, knobbies as in tires right? No tyy!! Streetbikeee!! Im hoping to find and put michelin s1 on it in the future)

·
Registered
248 Posts
By the way, Floes, is that a tire information sticker on the lower back fender? Also, are there warning stickers in the gas tank, etc? Thanks.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way, Floes, is that a tire information sticker on the lower back fender? Also, are there warning stickers in the gas tank, etc? Thanks.
On the lower back fender its a sticker that tells you how much weight you can load on your bike, on the tank there are warning stickers indeed, ill take a pic in close up if you want

·
Registered
248 Posts
It just sunk in. To be so near this facility...big time Honda...Whoa! Your story is very special and we do appreciate reading everything you have for us. I mean, that picture of your MSX 125 underneath the HRC corporate sign is just off the charts! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, with pleasure.. if it can ease the waiting :)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
do you have a link to some of these photos in larger format? I want to make it my wallpaper.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do you have a link to some of these photos in larger format? I want to make it my wallpaper.
if you tell me wich one you want i can email it too you if you want it :)

*feels abbit proud*

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think the Japanese got a big help from the USA with Harley Davidson back in the 1920's

cut and paste info from the web
Rikuo, a licensed copy of the Harley-Davidson, started production in 1929. In 1931 Dabittoson Harley Motorcycle Co., Ltd. was established in Japan. Dabittoson started domestic production of the Harley-Davidson Road King Motorcycle. The 4-cycle, 1200 cc, side-valve V-twin engine produces 28 horsepower for a top speed of 97 km per hour.
The Road King motorcycle was improved and produced by Lin Ritsukawa, Kurogane No, and No. Tsui Meguro during World War II. This included the Type 97 military motorcycle which was often produced with a sidecar.
Harley-Davidson, through the efforts of Alfred Rich Child,[6] shipped tooling and personnel to Japan in the mid-1930s to build HD VL flathead (sidevalve) motorcycles.
In 1933 Sankyo Company changed its name to Sankyo Nainenki Co. and produced Harley-Davidson motorcycles under license as the Type 97 for the Japanese Military. The type 97 was made entirely from Japanese components. During their production the company was constantly modernizing the design. Approximately 1500 of these machines were produced for Japanese military use.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think the Japanese got a big help from the USA with Harley Davidson back in the 1920's

cut and paste info from the web
Rikuo, a licensed copy of the Harley-Davidson, started production in 1929. In 1931 Dabittoson Harley Motorcycle Co., Ltd. was established in Japan. Dabittoson started domestic production of the Harley-Davidson Road King Motorcycle. The 4-cycle, 1200 cc, side-valve V-twin engine produces 28 horsepower for a top speed of 97 km per hour.
The Road King motorcycle was improved and produced by Lin Ritsukawa, Kurogane No, and No. Tsui Meguro during World War II. This included the Type 97 military motorcycle which was often produced with a sidecar.
Harley-Davidson, through the efforts of Alfred Rich Child,[6] shipped tooling and personnel to Japan in the mid-1930s to build HD VL flathead (sidevalve) motorcycles.
In 1933 Sankyo Company changed its name to Sankyo Nainenki Co. and produced Harley-Davidson motorcycles under license as the Type 97 for the Japanese Military. The type 97 was made entirely from Japanese components. During their production the company was constantly modernizing the design. Approximately 1500 of these machines were produced for Japanese military use.
Ofcourse, that is known.. japanese did back then what the chinese are doing today. All im saying is that belgium was chosen too start up a new factory because of there growing business (of honda) outside japan, one of the first steps in becoming a gaint, if im not mistaking the largest motorcycle brand!

All doesnt really matter that much, i liked the setting and there is a link so.. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts