Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we know the msx is already for sale in the UK, im still waiting for mine from my dealer (end of this month) but what id like to know is where to get some mod bits like an under cowl and an exhaust. Im guessing ill have to order from europe but if anybody has any recommendations then id be grateful to hear them. Thanks joe

·
Registered
248 Posts
I ordered a belly pan on eBay a week ago from Thailand. Delivery time is outrageous. Since the MSX 125 was first introduce there, they have had time to fabricate parts for it. They do have exhausts available there as well, but some people have questioned the quality of these, calling them "knock-offs" or of inferior quality. I couldn't tell you. Yoshimura and Leo Vince have recently introduced exhaust systems developed for the MSX 125. In time, once more aftermarket companies have an actual machine on their lifts for R & D, high quality parts will proliferate, IMO.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered a belly pan on eBay a week ago from Thailand. Delivery time is outrageous. Since the MSX 125 was first introduce there, they have had time to fabricate parts for it. They do have exhausts available there as well, but some people have questioned the quality of these, calling them "knock-offs" or of inferior quality. I couldn't tell you. Yoshimura and Leo Vince have recently introduced exhaust systems developed for the MSX 125. In time, once more aftermarket companies have an actual machine on their lifts for R & D, high quality parts will proliferate, IMO.

Thanks for the info, it pretty much confirmed what i first thought so i guess ill be running a stocker for a little while! Either way my bikes not here until the end of the month...

·
Registered
175 Posts
As we know the msx is already for sale in the UK, im still waiting for mine from my dealer (end of this month) but what id like to know is where to get some mod bits like an under cowl and an exhaust. Im guessing ill have to order from europe but if anybody has any recommendations then id be grateful to hear them. Thanks joe
when was the MSX 125 released over in the UK? I would think that the dealers would have them on site already.

Thailand is your best bet at the moment for any aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well since your in the UK parts from Thailand would get to you faster than us. But i guess it all depends on how long for them to make em.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive been looking all over google and have only found around 2-3 msx parts stockist. Im after a nice slip on pipe and a belly pan. A few links to thai sites would be nice if anybody can help. Or europe/usa would do even. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive been looking all over google and have only found around 2-3 msx parts stockist. Im after a nice slip on pipe and a belly pan. A few links to thai sites would be nice if anybody can help. Or europe/usa would do even. Thanks
Look for Tyga performance

Main company is Thailand but they have a company in Europe - but the Europe company has less choice and costs more than from Thailand

If you order from Thai order it in one delivery - as delivery cost is a lot

Also remember from Thailand you will pay customs and handling - mine has been 8 pounds plus Vat - should be on goods only - but I have also had to pay it on postage on one of my deliveries

There is Faddybikes in Germany and also for tuning parts RZ in the netherlands

Beware the quality off eBay - Thai quality is not best - Tyga quality is good!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are the ones ive found but everybody seems to be saying theres lots about, the companies above seems to stock the same sort of stuff, none of them a belly pan though...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Belly pan is coming soon mate. I'm just about to go into a meeting to discuss details on it. We will do carbon and painted glass fibre. Let us know your preferences.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brilliant news paul thanks, i may have to wait on a pipe so i can order both a belly pan and pipe in one hit, my preference would be painted fibreglass purely to keep costs down on cosmetic parts. Others views may differ though....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Belly pan is coming soon mate. I'm just about to go into a meeting to discuss details on it. We will do carbon and painted glass fibre. Let us know your preferences.
Painted glass fibre for me Paul. :)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
no UK based parts shops?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts