Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the call this morning from my dealership here in Reno. They got 1 black and 2 reds (they are a powerhouse, but not sure what level). All were spoken for. After seeing em in person I kinda wish I had chosen red - it looks pretty awesome in person.

I had to go straight to work after but it was about a 5 mile ride back that I got to test things out. Hit 56 on straightaway(I'm under the mindset of ride it like you'll always ride it and change the oil in the next few miles) - I'm 5'8 140lbs, and Reno is almost a mile up so figure at sea level things would be faster. Didn't feel any wobble that I've heard others have had at higher speeds. I didn't notice the seat being comfy or non comfy so guess that's a good thing for this shorter ride. The acceleration was about what I expected it to be. Enough that I could pull away from cars at a light, but not super quick. Feels really nimble. (My riding background is 3 Yamaha R6's). Getting to neutral is a little tough at the moment. Finding the rest of the gears was easy tho.

I need to tighten the mirrors down as they were unscrewing while I was riding. I'm a small frame so I felt they were somewhat useable, but would probably replace at some point. The tail section is ugly but luckily I ordered a tidy tail the other day so hopefully here soon.

Hope that helps for those that are waiting. I know I've been checking back to see about others getting theirs. I tried to attach a pic, but it was giving errors. It looks like the black one :)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Got the call this morning from my dealership here in Reno. They got 1 black and 2 reds (they are a powerhouse, but not sure what level). All were spoken for. After seeing em in person I kinda wish I had chosen red - it looks pretty awesome in person.

I had to go straight to work after but it was about a 5 mile ride back that I got to test things out. Hit 56 on straightaway(I'm under the mindset of ride it like you'll always ride it and change the oil in the next few miles) - I'm 5'8 140lbs, and Reno is almost a mile up so figure at sea level things would be faster. Didn't feel any wobble that I've heard others have had at higher speeds. I didn't notice the seat being comfy or non comfy so guess that's a good thing for this shorter ride. The acceleration was about what I expected it to be. Enough that I could pull away from cars at a light, but not super quick. Feels really nimble. (My riding background is 3 Yamaha R6's). Getting to neutral is a little tough at the moment. Finding the rest of the gears was easy tho.

I need to tighten the mirrors down as they were unscrewing while I was riding. I'm a small frame so I felt they were somewhat useable, but would probably replace at some point. The tail section is ugly but luckily I ordered a tidy tail the other day so hopefully here soon.

Hope that helps for those that are waiting. I know I've been checking back to see about others getting theirs. I tried to attach a pic, but it was giving errors. It looks like the black one :)
What was OTD price, if it is cheaper than the bay area I would rather drive up to Reno and pick my GROM there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Normally if you have a bike that is hard to get into neutral, it helps to get it there just before you stop. Once you stop, you can spend a lot of time bouncing between 1st and 2nd. My Gixxer 1000 is like that.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Probably not. It was closer to $3800 after all was said and done :-/
It is still cheaper than Southern Calif members are being quote. Thanks for the feed back

Ride safe and enjoy your GROM

By the way Streets Vibration will be coming up soon and I might be heading up there with my friends for the weekend.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Got mine today in Northern Ca. First ride was great only hit 50mph, but wasn't trying to go any further. Neutral was easy, Brakes were meh', clutch lever needs some adjustment, the seat comes off nice and easy, acceleration was decent but I am 6'1 & 260 other than that all seems good but I only put 6 miles on it. OTD a little over 3800 and only 3 miles on it. I'll ride some more tomorrow and get a better feel for it. Happy Groming.

Attachments

·
Registered
998 Posts
Got mine today in Northern Ca. First ride was great only hit 50mph, but wasn't trying to go any further. Neutral was easy, Brakes were meh', clutch lever needs some adjustment, the seat comes off nice and easy, acceleration was decent but I am 6'1 & 260 other than that all seems good but I only put 6 miles on it. OTD a little over 3800 and only 3 miles on it. I'll ride some more tomorrow and get a better feel for it. Happy Groming.
Are you up North near Oregon or closer to Sacramento?

Congrats and ride safe

·
Registered
134 Posts
closer to Sac, 100 miles north. Know where Chico is?

and thanks

·
Registered
998 Posts
closer to Sac, 100 miles north. Know where Chico is?

and thanks
yep, I know Chico pretty good, I have a lot of friends in Sac, I wish you the best on your ride, remember what I said that the GoPro Hero camera or any action camera might save your life or someone's life via a Video witness.

I've videoed drunk drivers, drivers texting or using the cell phone while driving etc. No one cares anymore about the law so your only chance to prove something is to video the incident.

Ride safe and enjoy that GROM, can't wait to get mind.

·
Registered
134 Posts
GoPro is def on the soon to be purchased list, thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
998 Posts
GoPro is def on the soon to be purchased list, thanks for the advice.
Check Bombay Motorsports he has the best price.

I have no affiliation with Bombay except that I buy parts for any of my motorcycles, "99 Hayabusa, 99 Kawa ZX6R" from him and he has the best price on parts, helmet, gear and such.

Bombay will start stocking or getting GROM parts and aftermarket parts
Best buy/price on HID system for your motorcycle, how do I know I have both my Busa and Kawi with HID systems that I bought from him.

Bombay Motorsports Inc. Reseda, CA (818) 342-8585

Some of my rides

·
Registered
34 Posts
What was OTD price, if it is cheaper than the bay area I would rather drive up to Reno and pick my GROM there.
Hey, bear in mind California has a law that prevents people from buying new cars in other states, and bringing them home. Cars bought out of state must have a number of miles on them before you can register them in California.

I don't know if it is the same for motorcycles, so be aware!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, bear in mind California has a law that prevents people from buying new cars in other states, and bringing them home. Cars bought out of state must have a number of miles on them before you can register them in California.

I don't know if it is the same for motorcycles, so be aware!
Not true at all! I know of a guy who bought his Subaru BRZ in Colorado and shipped it to L.A.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Kind of true. They do have to meet CA smog laws that includes cars trucks and motorcycles. And any vehicle with less than 7,500mi is considered new.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Check Bombay Motorsports he has the best price.

I have no affiliation with Bombay except that I buy parts for any of my motorcycles, "99 Hayabusa, 99 Kawa ZX6R" from him and he has the best price on parts, helmet, gear and such.

Bombay will start stocking or getting GROM parts and aftermarket parts
Best buy/price on HID system for your motorcycle, how do I know I have both my Busa and Kawi with HID systems that I bought from him.

Bombay Motorsports Inc. Reseda, CA (818) 342-8585

Some of my rides

Cisco, nice rides man. I wish i still had all of the bikes that I've had espc my harley

1 - 16 of 16 Posts