Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
:eek: Looks like a piece of gasket, and I don't know what the metal sliver could be.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Added second photo. It really looks and feels like an aluminum shaving. I work close to some milling machines and this looks just like the chips that come off the machines.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
now I have the intense desire to change my oil. Thanks OP :p

/good catch. hope everything is fine inside

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would imagine it just ended up there during the whole manufacturing process. Hopefully there hasn't been any damage to your Grom. Hopefully there also isn't any more surprises waiting for you in other parts of your Grom.

Bet you weren't expecting that when you went for an oil change!

·
Registered
201 Posts
its possible thats just a left over from factory milling. You thinking about changing the oil earlier then normal this go around just to make sure your Grom is still ticking clean inside?

I doubt its going to be recurring but hey who knows...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its possible thats just a left over from factory milling. You thinking about changing the oil earlier then normal this go around just to make sure your Grom is still ticking clean inside?

I doubt its going to be recurring but hey who knows...
I have some paint style disposable filters that I could strain the next dump through. I could drain & strain into a clean container then pour back in a few times to see if more junk comes out.

Who knows? That piece could have easily hung out in a corner of the engine and not came out or even been too large to come out the drain hole anyway!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.