Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted one of the first Grom's. I'm ok with the dealer making some money. They have a line for them and I wanted the first one. I'm pleased with $3746

Receipt Font Material property Paper Screenshot

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dealer only made $438, the rest was state taxes and fees, that's fair

There was a dealer local to me who wanted $4400 OTD

and only about $400 of that would have been taxes and fees. No one begrudges a dealer making a profit, and they're allowed to make as much profit as possible, whatever the market will bear, it's a free market society, but a 30%+ premium seems excessive, but someone paid it...actually, several did.

Point is, your deal was more than fair, from both sides of the table

·
Registered
187 Posts
true, invoice to the dealer for a bike that they sell for $2999, has to be much closer to $2000. Being that is is made in Tailand, maybe even more profit (percentage wise) than most Honda's.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got really lucky because I was going to pay 3890 or something like that when i preorder back in may. but I had a feeling and canceled my Preorder and went to another dealer and seen they had a grom just seating there in the begining of sep and I asked is that sold they said no. no one has called about it or even looked at it since it came in. I was very suprised and they let me have it for 3294 out the door... and it was black on black what I wanted. I got really lucky because because people are still waiting on theres to come in.

·
Registered
998 Posts
yep if you check around there is deals. I'm getting mind in Northern Calif for $3,650 OTD but I have to wait for the dealers second shipment coming in late Oct. 10 red and 10 black

I went to a dealer closer to my house and they would not match the other dealers price. The dealer close to my house wants $4,100, what ever floats their boat. It is my hard earned money so I can wait a little longer for not being bent over since I've already being bent over with the Santa Clara sales tax of 9% plus the DMV is going to be over $100 in California and to add to that I have to get this Grom added to my insurance policy.

Like I said these Groms/MSX-125 sell in Thailand for $2,300 US dollars, my friend lives in Thailand and he bought one. So at that price Honda is already making money.

I already posted the Northern Calif dealers and how much they want OTD price and the best prices are in Berkeley and Hollister for your Grom.

·
Registered
12 Posts
true, invoice to the dealer for a bike that they sell for $2999, has to be much closer to $2000. Being that is is made in Tailand, maybe even more profit (percentage wise) than most Honda's.
A buddy of mine that works at a dealer (friends for 23yrs, worked together for 5) told me dealer invoice was a fuzz over 2800, like $2840 or so. Small bikes have very little mark-up, don't be lulled into thinking the dealer is making thousands on a bike that retails for 3K. The only time we could sell kids bikes ,CRF50, JR50, PW50's for more than $50 or $75 off was when the manuafacterer had rebates on them. Not seein' any rebates for th Grom anytime soon!

·
Registered
998 Posts
A buddy of mine that works at a dealer (friends for 23yrs, worked together for 5) told me dealer invoice was a fuzz over 2800, like $2840 or so. Small bikes have very little mark-up, don't be lulled into thinking the dealer is making thousands on a bike that retails for 3K. The only time we could sell kids bikes ,CRF50, JR50, PW50's for more than $50 or $75 off was when the manuafacterer had rebates on them. Not seein' any rebates for th Grom anytime soon!
In the real world it is between buyers and sellers in any products may it be food, house, cars,motorcycles, etc

What the seller can sell their product for and what the buyer is willing to pay.

If the product can be sold for more good for the seller, if the buyer can buy the same product for less good for the buyer.

This is America where we sell water in a bottle when you can add a filter to your house water system and get a container to hold your water.

Thank god for free enterprise and the wiliness to barter.

Like I tell people it's your money and do as you wish with it and buy what ever that makes you happy or makes your stomach satisfied.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm satisfied. I'm riding my Grom now. Lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd rather wait till dealers aren't marking them up so much to buy mine. I am not itching that badly to get one. I imagine that the price will decrease in the winter since there will probably be less demand. That's when I plan on buying the Grom. My Christmas present to me!

·
Registered
213 Posts

Correct, dealer profit out of the MSRP was like $160 I believe. Not $1000, LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.