Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started riding legally back in '86. My first bike was a '86 Honda 450 NightHawk. Since then it's been all Kawasaki. The only exception has been my YSR addiction.

I've been really interested in monkey/smaller bikes since the '80s. Friend of mine use to send me mini moto magazines from Japan and I couldn't get enough. Even my lid design in my avatar was a popular design on mini racers over in Japan back in the '90s, though I opted for red instead of the popular doraemon blue.

I've been an Admin over on ZX-10R.net for around 9 years. In the last few years I've also been helping out as Admin/Mod on a handful of other motorcycle.com boards.

The Grom is the first bike that I've actually been excited by in years, so here I am
It's probably been over 20 years since I've stepped foot into a dealer to look at a 2 wheeled Honda, but I can't wait to see one in person.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Haha so when did you really start riding?... illegally! Nice to see some one with so much riding experience and knowledge come aboard. This should be a cake for you here.

What has you so interested in the Honda Grom anyways?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

You have been riding for a while ysr50?

Where do you plan on riding the grom most of the time when you get one? Daily commuter or just a weekend warrior?

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Started riding legally back in '86. My first bike was a '86 Honda 450 NightHawk. Since then it's been all Kawasaki. The only exception has been my YSR addiction.

I've been really interested in monkey/smaller bikes since the '80s. Friend of mine use to send me mini moto magazines from Japan and I couldn't get enough. Even my lid design in my avatar was a popular design on mini racers over in Japan back in the '90s, though I opted for red instead of the popular doraemon blue.

I've been an Admin over on ZX-10R.net for around 9 years. In the last few years I've also been helping out as Admin/Mod on a handful of other motorcycle.com boards.

The Grom is the first bike that I've actually been excited by in years, so here I am
It's probably been over 20 years since I've stepped foot into a dealer to look at a 2 wheeled Honda, but I can't wait to see one in person.
Doraemon blue? your in to the japanese culture aren't you. I would of loved to get some of those mini racer vcds but too bad my friend in japan ended up relocating back to LA :(

Welcome YSR50! :dirtbike_smilie:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello and welcome. Fantastic intro. This place will suit you well.

My dad got me into bikes: first with Honda, than Kawasaki. I've been a fan of team green ever since. Only had the 250R so far. Would love an '08 ZX6-R and/or a Ninja 650R...don't care what year.

Again, welcome!

========
Sent from my Droid intelliPhone!

·
Registered
995 Posts
doraemon blue....had to google that one.

love how it looks, now i remember seeing things in that tone of blue at the mini asian mall near me. would be wicked if there was plasti dip spray in this exact blue!!

·
Administrator
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha so when did you really start riding?... illegally! Nice to see some one with so much riding experience and knowledge come aboard. This should be a cake for you here.

What has you so interested in the Honda Grom anyways?
Road for a few years before I got stopped for a tail light being out. Got my license to avoid paying the ticket. Wasn't a big deal back then like it is now. before that, late '70s, running around the neighborhood on mini bikes.

The Thai MSX125 video got me. Reminds me of a small cheap fun Hypermotard

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome aboard, I've been riding Hondas for about 2 years, all sport bikes though, nothing into the off roading, touring, or cruiser section yet but its all a matter of time!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts