Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As extremely depressing as this day is (12 years since the largest loss of human life on American Shores since the Oklahoma City bombing,) the only thing that comes to mind tonight, is that this is the first time The History Channel has shown anything history-related since September Eleventh, Two-Thousand-Twelve.

Friends, we are a nation divided currently. 12 years ago on this day, we saw hundreds of thousands of people united together, waving flags, singing patriotic songs, and generally just getting along and helping out their fellow man. That was awesome, gorgeous, and just cool. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly that changed.

Regardless of what your political affiliations are, we all share one thing in common-- The fact that we all live on the same planet and breathe the same air. Now is not the time to bicker about petty things like whether or not Miley Cyrus & Robin Thicke's VMA performance was immoral or disgusting or sad...

We are living in times that will go down in history for being some of the most volatile times in American life. People will look back on these times and think "Wow! What the hell were they thinking?! They had it easy, compared to other countries, yet the only thing they could do was complain about petty nonsense!"

We've got some mighty big fish to fry if anyone wants to see real change. And the only way we're going to see that, is by working together. And a couple more flags wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Step #1: Get your butts out there and vote, damn it! If you don't vote, you have no right to whine. Don't file in line for a certain political party just because your parents or grandparents belonged to it. Things have changed, my friends. Get out there and do a little research! IMHO we are losing more basic rights every day.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Offroaders lose ground every day. They are closing more riding areas as we speak. Join the AMA. Keep active. Pretty soon we will have no places to ride anymore. The editors of the offroad magazines and the AMA are still fighting for us. You want to dualsport? Well, soon all offroad riding areas will be declared illegal for motorized vehicles! ie: losing more basic rights every day.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
our country is f***ed, we arent free
With an attitude like that, you're absolutely right. We have the ability to unf*** it. It's just a matter of people not bitching at each other long enough to come to common ground and fix things the way they should be. Not impossible.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Am I bitching by telling people to exercise their rights as Americans? To fulfill their responsibilities as responsible voters? To hopefully take control of their own lives? To finally set this great nation on the right path?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I WILL bitch at people who are too lazy to go to the polls and express their God given right to challenge the leadership of our elected officials.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I think the least that a citizen of a country can do is educate themselves on current issues and political parties and go out there and vote.

Especially the youth.

I don't know of any of my friends that vote. None of them care anymore.

Yet they complain about the government and the things they do..

·
Registered
123 Posts
With an attitude like that, you're absolutely right. We have the ability to unf*** it. It's just a matter of people not bitching at each other long enough to come to common ground and fix things the way they should be. Not impossible.

Everything is just way too far gone an the people have no input on anything anymore.

The distribution of wealth gets worse and worse ever year, the richer get richer and the powerful get more powerful.

The country is on a path downward. The days where people worked towards progress are gone. We are now catering to the lazy.

We're all just pawns in THEIR world basically

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I think the least that a citizen of a country can do is educate themselves on current issues and political parties and go out there and vote.

Especially the youth.

I don't know of any of my friends that vote. None of them care anymore.

Yet they complain about the government and the things they do..

I agree

1 - 11 of 11 Posts