Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

New grom owner here...

Just brought my 2014 grom home, got it for a good deal because the top end has a ticking noise. I changed the oil and checked the valve specs, and they are in good shape. No metal in the oil..

What else should i check? Its a pretty loud ticking, on the top end of the motor..

any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hello all!

New grom owner here...

Just brought my 2014 grom home, got it for a good deal because the top end has a ticking noise. I changed the oil and checked the valve specs, and they are in good shape. No metal in the oil..

What else should i check? Its a pretty loud ticking, on the top end of the motor..

any help is appreciated!!
top end?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top end of the motor, in all gears. Sounds to me, middle top end of the motor. WIsh i had more info, but previous owner didnt know what the first owner did.

It runs fine, just very loud ticking. Valves are in spec, what else can i check before i have to take the motor all the way down?

Sorry im new to these motors, kinda hard to specifically explain!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Top end of the motor, in all gears. Sounds to me, middle top end of the motor. WIsh i had more info, but previous owner didnt know what the first owner did.

It runs fine, just very loud ticking. Valves are in spec, what else can i check before i have to take the motor all the way down?

Sorry im new to these motors, kinda hard to specifically explain!
wow this explanation is even worse

again it sounds like a bad cam gear install

or it was big bored once and then returned to stock and someone didnt reinstall correctly

buy a service manual take motor down and check all specs

·
Registered
2 Posts
op, this forum seems to be a group of dicks. ive encountered them on rv sites, harley sites, ford sites, etc. they dont really give a shit, they are just literally taking time to be dicks. my post got no comments, THIS IS A BAD SITE. find another one, there are always good and bad sites for all things, this one is just a bunch of dicks. "take the engine apart and rebuild it: lol the loud ticking seems to be normal on these, im finding. your best bet is to find some non dicks, or to go to a honda dealer and just have them listen. sorry you had this experience, so many assholes on the internet. pretty sure they wouldnt be so cocky sitting around a campfire. f.ing cowards.

·
Administrator
20 Posts
I'm sorry your post did not get any replies, there has been little to no activity here lately. But calling people names and saying this is a bad site in a 5 year old thread isn't going to help increase activity or bring back members.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts