Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured out if you are going to remove the paint from the stock Grom rims and hub unit you do not have to remove the bearings if you are not going to powder coat the rims.

Just make a couple card board plugs to seal the hole so the Jasco does not go into the hole and bearing area and you are good to go to strip the paint. Less work for you if you are going to strip yours. Only item you have to remove is the Dust Seal. I used the Dust Seal as a template for the card board plugs.

before plugging holes
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

plugged with home made card board box, I did couple of layers so to make sure the Jasco does not go on the bearing
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 640x426.

Now time to strip the black paint of the hub, I'm glad I ordered the spare hub because it would have taken me a little longer to prep the hub if I got my Grom in and notice the mix-match rim/hub color combo.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts