Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the ice on the local roads those chains that the Japanese postmen put on their scooters are starting to look good:eek:
I haven't been able to find a source though, my google fu is weak:D
Also it looks like January might be a good time to search for bargains if this weather stays nasty the rest of winter:D

·
Registered
998 Posts
Given the ice on the local roads those chains that the Japanese postmen put on their scooters are starting to look good:eek:
I haven't been able to find a source though, my google fu is weak:D
Also it looks like January might be a good time to search for bargains if this weather stays nasty the rest of winter:D
take your crappy stock Grom tire and do this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33TFnnBnlIo]How to Stud Motorcycle Tires - YouTube[/ame]

or this
Making snow/ice tires - YZ 400/426/450 - ThumperTalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm way to lazy to do all that. At most we only get about a weeks worth of ice when the weather decides to brake er break bad. The really bad part is that I can't drink anymore (sob). Still doing something useful with the factory tires has an appeal.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You'd have to do a lot of work to the stock tires to stud them. The studs in the video go into the knobs of the tire and don't actually go through. To do that with the stock tires you have to dismounted them drill through, insert some sort of nut/bolt and then try to slime the holes so they don't leak, and usually people then toss a tube in there to help keep the tire inflated.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Zip tie's don't sound like a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
way too hardcore for me. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts