Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tonight me and my mate went on a little ride, my msx/grom was currently sat on 200 miles and now its done around 230.

We joined up on an A road, its a four lane national speed limit road (70mph) which us "learner" riders in the uk can ride on with our type of licences and lower powered bikes. I had it sitting comfortably at 69/70 miles an hour keeping up with the traffic and i have to say i didnt feel unsafe, baring in mind this is at night aswell and the road was quite busy with four lanes full of speeding cage drivers! Quite pleased with the way she performed and definately have faith in the old girl!

Now just need my leovince to turn up midweek!

·
Registered
134 Posts
plz explain what mods you have to make your bike go past 58mph,

my bike is stock and i cannot go past 58mph, its 55mph pinnned for so long and then if i tuck the speedo luckily shoots to 57/58 and downhill i can get 62 tucked

but pinned sitting upright is about 55mph avg for me, my bikes all stock and i weigh 160lbs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive done no mods whatsoever, still got the same oil in from factory ( going to do a 300 mile change). I must admit i ran it in pretty hard from the day i got it. Never really worried about redlining it through the gears and just rode as i normally would.

Perhaps the msx is different to the grom? Definately hit 70mph and i couldn't believe it to be fair. It felt very stable too! On a side note im 5'3" and weigh around 52kg.

·
Registered
134 Posts
well considering i weigh 40-50lbs more then you and am 6inches taller, i think your winning the MPH because of your size and shape.... fuck i need 2 loose some weight or put a supercharger/turbo on this thing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suppose so yeah. I bet my msx feels like its riding alone with me on it then lol hopefull a full pipe system will squeeze another couple of mph from her too! Just waiting on the low slung front pipe from leovince, does anybody know if theyre on sale anywhere yet?

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Yeah im a small guy dont get me wrong but do you really think that would gain 12mph?
it's quite possible. mostly because of size, not weight. the aero drag is what is killing bigger dudes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm 190 5'8" and was able to do 70mph stock on the freeway.

Perhaps you need to break in the bike? How often do you go WOT? For me it's all the time since I use it for commuting on the freeway. That may have affected the fuel control module.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.