Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow I have owned a bunch of Hondas never had one that didn't have a tool kit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!!!!!!!! its a must!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well thank the retard that sued honda for providing the toolkit in a previous honda bike, where he worked on his bike with the tools provided in the toolkit, didnt tighten something down and got hurt

So simple solution to the idiotic retards that love to sue in usa - no toolkit provided

·
Registered
998 Posts
Canada Grom are provided with tool kit

USA does not get it, remove tool kit and sell it as option to increase your profit margin.

Not sure about Thailand buys or UK, Russian buyers of Grom

·
Registered
41 Posts
Canada Grom are provided with tool kit

USA does not get it, remove tool kit and sell it as option to increase your profit margin.

Not sure about Thailand buys or UK, Russian buyers of Grom
The MSX125 in thailand comes with a tool pouch (but calling it a kit is going too far)... its got a screw driver with phillips/flat blades and a spark plug tool... mind you there is enough space in the bag that I've added a couple of hex keys and 2 spanners and the seat still closes.

Also if you look down the side of the seat cavity directly above the seat key release (between the battery and the body work) there is a nice little place to store some more bits that doesnt intefear with the seat closure... I have a tire pressure guage, a small shifting spanner and 2 more open/ring spanners stashed in there.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
i figure if the grom breaks down somewhere, i can just carry it home, so what's the point of a toolkit :D
most of the time, you're not going to get anything done without parts anyway, so who cares? also, due to the size of the grom, i'm not going to go very far away (and if I travel with it, i can bring a toolbox in the truck with me)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
i figure if the grom breaks down somewhere, i can just carry it home, so what's the point of a toolkit :D
most of the time, you're not going to get anything done without parts anyway, so who cares? also, due to the size of the grom, i'm not going to go very far away (and if I travel with it, i can bring a toolbox in the truck with me)
Hahaha

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Then they should have included a strap to clip onto the Grom so you can carry it on your back. :D
when a grom breaks down, you don't call a towtruck, you call a hand truck :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Profit margin for a tool kit?

The kit probably costs them under $3 to make it, we've been able to buy one under $20 online, and maybe 5% of owners will buy one or even know it's missing; I hardly see a money maker in those numbers.

It's a US being the "land of lawyers" thing almost completely like mentioned above, if it was money no one would have one included no matter where they were sold.

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
slightly off topic: One cylinder Hondas don't break, but they can shake things loose. A tube of blue Locktite, a safety wire pliers and .032 wire kit from Amazon, an a 1/16 drill bit could be handy. You can get by with duck bill pliers and a pair of diagonal cutters but it can get tedious.
I don't trust my feel for torque anymore since I haven't wrenched in a long time, so it looks like I'm going to have to budget for torque wrenches.
A hammer driven impact wrench looks to be handy also. Just make sure it turns the right (or left) way before you apply it by using it on a piece of wood or something. (Don't ask me why......snap.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts