Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
500lb capacity rated.

but by who?

do you trust the manufacturer?

I'm sure it works the question is the quality.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
also keep in mind the tongue weight that your hitch is rated for. And then keep in mind that the weight is not "towed weight" but rear axle weight. For those with trucks it shouldn't matter *much* but for me with a car...

·
Registered
54 Posts
also keep in mind the tongue weight that your hitch is rated for. And then keep in mind that the weight is not "towed weight" but rear axle weight. For those with trucks it shouldn't matter *much* but for me with a car...
Tongue weight is more about the mounted hitch attachment points than anything and are measured to where a standard ball hitch would be located. These carries sit about twice as far out when compared to a ball hitch so it is best to reduce your tongue weight by at least 25% to 50% to be safe

My truck with a class III hitch has a 600lb tongue weight rating so I should be fine with around 250lbs but I wouldn't hall around anything much heavier on one of these racks unless it was minimal short distances. A car or small SUV with only a class II hitch or 300-400lb tongue weight I would definitely stick with a small cheap trailer from Tractor Farm Supply or Harbor Freight which can be had for under $400 most any day of the week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's a pretty cool hauler, though I'd be scared to drive it up there. I'm planning on putting a "bike rack" on the deck of my flat bed near the front since I have to park my car car so far back anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a pretty cool hauler, though I'd be scared to drive it up there. I'm planning on putting a "bike rack" on the deck of my flat bed near the front since I have to park my car car so far back anyway.
Comes with a ramp u can use to roll it up

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The GROM is light which is a plus.

Go for it.

it looks like a good idea.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have one from harbor freight. it is aluminum.. 250lb capacity.. my jeep has class III hitch.. i carry my ruckus on it all over in the mountains of western NC and eastern TN.. no problems.. I dont see the grom being any problem carrying it on there.. but with the grom's mpg and manual.. i might just ride the grom anywhere i want to go heh

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Comes with a ramp u can use to roll it up
Looks like we are in luck, well for those who want a means of transportation with a vehicle. How much does this puppy cost? The rack looks heavy duty.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have one from harbor freight. it is aluminum.. 250lb capacity.. my jeep has class III hitch.. i carry my ruckus on it all over in the mountains of western NC and eastern TN.. no problems.. I dont see the grom being any problem carrying it on there.. but with the grom's mpg and manual.. i might just ride the grom anywhere i want to go heh
The grom is like 225lbs I think so it's even lighter than the ruckus. This is exciting news. The ramp is a huge plus. I always thought of the idea of having a rack but need to lift it on top.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Another way to transport motorcycles for those who own trucks with flatbed is to just buy ramps and roll it up on the bed and secure with straps. But this would be good for those who want to use the hitch instead.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a truck and trailer to haul my bikes.It's rare that I need them tho.

I so want a 125cc clone of the honda trail.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Honda didn't make a 125cc and very few of Hondas have titles here.Without a title,it's a no go without using an out of state titling service.I've had to do it on five bikes I've bought.
Yeah, mini bikes with street titles are kinda rare in California too. In fact, a bare frame with a VIN and plate on it could bring $1k by itself.

I considered a title service and I also looked at title insurance for one of the minis but I ended up trying three different DMV offices and finally found one that would give me a legit tile. It helps to compliment the DMV clerk on her gold tooth....;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts