Honda Grom Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So Tripage are from my same city. They happened to need a guinea pig for designing their Grom Product ideas. So in return of time with my bike, i get free mods! Pretty sweet deal. For you guys who don't know them..

First mod, change the cluster up, to make it a little more interesting and give it some color.

Can do different colors too..

Adjustable Tag Bracket w/ LED lighting. Brake Lights and turn signals while the Integrated taillight is being made.

TripageLED.com Custom LED Solutions
http://facebook.com/tripageled

They do some pretty cool stuff. They're on the other forums on motorcycle.com I'm pretty excited. I'll post updates as they send me pictures. :D

·
Registered
995 Posts
stock integrated tail light would look sweet, all LED's with switch back LED turn signals will be epic and make the Grom a bit classy.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
What else do they plan to make?

They specialize in LEDs right?

Can i make a suggestion?

A quad XM-L or dual SST-90 headlight.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
i really dig their LEDLight product. thinking i should add one to both the grom and the sv for additional visibility to cager

·
Registered
140 Posts
So Tripage are from my same city. They happened to need a guinea pig for designing their Grom Product ideas. So in return of time with my bike, i get free mods! Pretty sweet deal. For you guys who don't know them..

First mod, change the cluster up, to make it a little more interesting and give it some color.

TripageLED.com Custom LED Solutions
http://facebook.com/tripageled

They do some pretty cool stuff. They're on the other forums on motorcycle.com I'm pretty excited. I'll post updates as they send me pictures. :D
Looks good awesome how you go the free mods, good exchange.

Do you know if they have any other colors?

I would like to see integrated tailights and mirrors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, they have other options. I posted a picture of the cluster with a white scheme.. still with the UV neutral. As of right now. I think they have in the works an adjustable tag bracket/fender eliminator, Integrated tail light, possibly some rearsets. Some headlight mods and a few different signal options. They also do powder coating as well. I suppose I'll find out more details soon.

Just posted a few pictures of the tag bracket.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
in for those headlight mods. led headlights? yeaaaaaa!

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Thanks for the thread and the grom Norsmy. We have a lot more we want to do to the bike. We have access to high powered led's and will install one to see how it works with the reflectors in the housing. I am guessing you know about high powered led's and once you pass the point of achieving a great light pattern on the road then you have to worry about keeping the led cool or it will burn on you. This is the part we are at now with our "led headlights" Do we design a headlight around the led's or do we work to make the led system as universal as possible. I believe a universal system will be better in the long run. We will do what we can do to make this available to as many bikes as possible. Once setup I will have some threads in our section to get some feedback on possible mods we are thinking of working on. Rearsets are in the works as well as the integrated taillight. I look forward to hearing what other riders want to see on their bikes. Thanks. T

·
Registered
233 Posts

Looks premium with the white leds in the cluster I would go for these ones when they are out. Tripage is da shit! I know this from 600rr.net. Nothing but great stuff.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Too bright? No, these look great in all conditions.
We have done this on other model bikes and have ridden in all conditions.
No troubles

·
Registered
995 Posts
^ I agree, the white leds add a nice touch to it but wouldn't it be too bright at night?
I would think so, it's like pulling out your smartphone at night when it's screen it set to maximum brightness...it will not be good for your eyes. but thats just my assumption.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Thanks for the thread and the grom Norsmy. We have a lot more we want to do to the bike. We have access to high powered led's and will install one to see how it works with the reflectors in the housing. I am guessing you know about high powered led's and once you pass the point of achieving a great light pattern on the road then you have to worry about keeping the led cool or it will burn on you. This is the part we are at now with our "led headlights" Do we design a headlight around the led's or do we work to make the led system as universal as possible. I believe a universal system will be better in the long run. We will do what we can do to make this available to as many bikes as possible. Once setup I will have some threads in our section to get some feedback on possible mods we are thinking of working on. Rearsets are in the works as well as the integrated taillight. I look forward to hearing what other riders want to see on their bikes. Thanks. T
What about making a new headlight entirely?

Stock reflectors never work that great with LEDs as the LEDs usually only emit in one direction. Unless you run multiple LEDs pointing in multiple directions in which heat is an issue.

You could do both. Design a LED bulb that works in the stock housing.Something like this. LED, projector, heat sink, built into one unit

And design the ultimate LED headlight where the headlight is designed around the LED.
I'm talking heatsinks,cooling fans, custom reflectors and lenses, super high powered LEDs.

:cool::cool::cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts